Do you swear too much?

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited July 2009 in The Crudcatcher
I am beginning to think I do. Everytime I tell the dog to F off it gets on its basket.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Fan yes.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    do i swear, do i fook!

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    All the time man 8)

Mostly when i'm alone, so no harm done - except of course the gradual homogenization of my own brain tissue.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • All the FECKIN time :shock:
  • deadliest
    deadliest Posts: 471
    I spend all day being polite to people on the phone . . . So I swear like a mother funker when I get home.

My dogs also respond to f*** off :lol:
    Bikes are drugs and Im pedalling

http://sherwoodpines.yolasite.com/
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    deadliest wrote:
    I spend all day being polite to people on the phone . . . So I swear like a mother funker when I get home.

Other way round for me. Have to watch my mouth around the little-uns, so when I get to work, or out with my mates, I swear like a thingy.
  • F*ck Yes!

My dog responds to piss off, bugger off, get lost ya little shite and also I've taught her scouse

A.................U........................
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • soy_sauce
    soy_sauce Posts: 987
    i use the F word when i run out of words to use.... e.g. something better that really/very awesome = F**king awesome, or when im in pain

use the sh*t word alot too when i do make a mistake
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    i use the F word alot ppl at work hate it and ae always tellign me not to but it makes me fuc*ing worse lmfao
  • I dont see the need for expletives. There's enough descriptive words in the English language to describe emotions or add verbs to sentances without the need to lower the tone using a selection of 4 letter words :roll: :wink:
    Newbie with a Felt Q720

A day where you don't learn something is a waste...
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    There are times when "go away" just simply isn't enough
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Only on the internet.

In person never.

And lately, I swear a lot on cheaters on CS 1.6. :evil:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I dont see the need for expletives. There's enough descriptive words in the English language to describe emotions or add verbs to sentances without the need to lower the tone using a selection of 4 letter words :roll: :wink:

Like Golf.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Biggus86
    Biggus86 Posts: 385
    Yeah, far too much.
  • xstrathyx
    xstrathyx Posts: 1,104
    i dont swear often, although when i go on my console for some light hearted relief i end up swearing at every mother trucker camper in CoD and Battlefield Bad company lol

generally i am a pleasant person though
  • MarkEo
    MarkEo Posts: 308
    I swear way too much and iv really got to stop because my daughters gonna start picking up words soon and i dont think my mum n dad would be to pleased if the 1st word their granddaughter said was f**kin b*ll*cks sh*t f*ck! haha!
    Tis better to regret something you've done than to regret not doing something!
  • nicklouse wrote:
    I dont see the need for expletives. There's enough descriptive words in the English language to describe emotions or add verbs to sentances without the need to lower the tone using a selection of 4 letter words :roll: :wink:

Like Golf.
    ...and walk!
    Newbie with a Felt Q720

A day where you don't learn something is a waste...
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I don't swear a huge amount, but I sometimes forget to turn it off, and end up dropping a big f-bomb in front of my friends' 8-year-old, things like that.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I swear all the time. My whole family does, really.
    I don't have a problem with people swearing though. The way I see it, we are taught during childhood that some words are offensive. But we are also taught not to say words like vagina, penis, fat etc as kids.
    To cling on to the notion that those words are offensive when we become adults, is as outrageous an idea as still believing in other things we were taught when children, such as Santa Claus, the toothfairy, the stork, etc.

We may have a wide vocabulary in the English language, but we don't actually have words that convey our frustration, or emotional elevation concisely, without resorting to long winded sentences.

For example...
    "Those fu**ing Marzocchi 55 forks are the most worthless pieces of sh*t I've ever bought"

Vs
    "These Marzocchi 55s are annoying me, and may be the worst thing I've ever bought."

The first sentence conveys my anger and dissatisfaction far more eloquently and accurately than the second sentence.

As a side note. Did anyone know that there are officially NO swear words in Welsh? We have Welsh words for almost all the english "swear" words, but they aren't considered foul mouthed in any way.
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Why are some word's innopropriate in different company? Most people wouldn't swear infront of their grandparents, or small children.

But why?

Words are only words, afterall. Can't hurt you! I feel that they are on a scale of intense-ness. For example, from weakest to strongest meaning - OK, bad, crap, terrible, useless, sh!t.

So, I **try** to restrict my swearing to my most extreme feelings for something / someone. I say try, but the Army is terrible, as everyone swears, all the time... :?

Ahh well! :lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Don't really swear at all now - had to stop once my son was beginning to pick up language.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    dont worry about it chaz, i remember it being the norm. think my language has improved since i've left, but have to be careful round the nippers, god they catch on quick!! every time my eldest drops anything she shouts sugar!! so glad i changed sh*t to sugar (not literally!!) when i drop things otherwise i would be in trouble with the missus :lol:
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se
  • johnnyboy29
    johnnyboy29 Posts: 100
    I swear like a docker probably cause i work at one :lol:
    In the words of the GLC - Suicide is messy but it's money for free!!!
  • I'm a right foul mouthed kunt. But I've got no kids and work with engineers - so am rarely restricted.

Interesting about the welsh, I also speak Spanish and if you listen to most Spaniards speak Joder (fukcer) is nearly the most common word used, and they're always calling each other coño (work that one out for yourself!) So I reckon it's a cultural thing as to whether it's offensive or not.
    Be happy, communicate happiness.
  • Anonymous
    Is coño spanish for unt©?

"cont" is an extremely common greeting in Carnarfon as well. I'm sure anyone who's been anywhere near it will testify!
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    I'm a right foul mouthed kunt. But I've got no kids and work with engineers - so am rarely restricted.

Interesting about the welsh, I also speak Spanish and if you listen to most Spaniards speak Joder (fukcer) is nearly the most common word used, and they're always calling each other coño (work that one out for yourself!) So I reckon it's a cultural thing as to whether it's offensive or not.

Doesn't your electronic voice-box thing automatically sensor your foul language though?
    You know, "fliip you, mutha flipper", sort of thing.
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • BorisSpencer
    BorisSpencer Posts: 786
    Do I swear too much?
    No, just the right amount.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • yeehaamcgee
    bordsmoothieo is ironing bored in welsh
    And yes i swear far to often, but fcuk it :D
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    My parents never swore in front of me but my dad was a pretty impatient driver and used one word in particular to voice his frustration. Therefore for years as a child I believed that "typical" was a swear word. :lol:
  • Anonymous
    yeehaamcgee
    bordsmoothieo is ironing bored in welsh
    And yes i swear far to often, but fcuk it :D

Bwrdd = table, smwddio = smoothing.

So, bwrdd smwddio = the smoothing table, or as it's known in English, Ironing board

But what does any of that have to do with anything?