Levi, Bike handling *SPOILER*

donrhummy
donrhummy Posts: 2,329
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Is it just me or does Levi crash (or get involved in or stopped by a crash) towards the end of a stage more often than any other GC contender? I swear this is the 6th time this year (starting in the Tour of California)!

Apparently, he injured his wrist this time and got back his 15 seconds loss from the other day. Is there another top GC man like this?

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Maybe he just gets fatigued from fetching LA's bottles all day.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    donrhummy wrote:
    Is it just me or does Levi crash (or get involved in or stopped by a crash) towards the end of a stage more often than any other GC contender? I swear this is the 6th time this year (starting in the Tour of California)!

Apparently, he injured his wrist this time and got back his 15 seconds loss from the other day. Is there another top GC man like this?

Menchov.

Even falls off going uphill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl4eCCa1pJQ
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    +1 for Menchov, I honestly think Harmon as to how he won the Giro with "less than average" bike handling
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Cadel Evans as a neo-pro had a propensity for breaking his clavicle - from someone who supposedly had the 'superior' skills of an MTB rider, he spent most of his first 2 seasons with Telekom nursing said injury, something like 3 breaks.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Does Levi fall off so often because he's always looking at someone else's rear wheel and never see's clear road ahead of himself?

Not that i'm accusing him of being a wheelsucker or anything!
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    afx237vi wrote:
    Maybe he just gets fatigued from fetching LA's bottles all day.

Well he can put his feet up now ...
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    Does Levi fall off so often because he's always looking at someone else's rear wheel and never see's clear road ahead of himself?

Not that i'm accusing him of being a wheelsucker or anything!
    haha, could be. The same might have been said of Cadel, before the Schleck's started telling him porky pies.. :lol:
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    Well....according to his Twitter.....He's broken his wrist and is now out of the Tour.
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    So it was a real crash then? I thought maybe he & Evans had got caught in the second half of a split and put their bikes on the floor to avoid a time loss.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    So it was a real crash then? I thought maybe he & Evans had got caught in the second half of a split and put their bikes on the floor to avoid a time loss.

Mick Rogers crashed as well and said he landed on top of Levi.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Levi is the MAN!! He actually "tweeted" during his surgery and took this pic:

http://img404.yfrog.com/i/8yr.jpg/
    8yr.jpg
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328

That wouldnt really matter as the time is taken from the group you are with at time of crash, so if they were in 2nd group then they get the 2nd groups time
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !