Look what I found today

redvee
redvee Posts: 11,922
edited January 2010 in Road general
dsc115.th.jpg

An Argos 531 frame/forks with Campag kit. Strada? chainset, GS calliper on the forks with campag front & rear mech that i couldn't see any markings on. I came across it as part of a council clearance and the stuff we took has to be stored for 6 months, if the tennant no longer wants the items then we have to dispose of the items.
I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.

Comments

• Cool find, I hope no one claims it for you.
    being a reformed stuntdrinker allows pontification
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Rear mech is a Super Record, top of the range at the time. Front mech is Record too (not sure if there was a Nouvo or Super Record). Chainset is Record and I'd speculate the seatpost might be too.

Reynolds sticker has red lettering, so you might say 531Pro or 531SL, precursor to 653 and 753 tubing.

Wow, great news, I'd been wondering where it had got to. I lent it to a friend a good few years back, who moved to Bristol, then we lost touch. Thought I'd never see it again.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The bike/frame has been unclaimed, will get some dimensions tomorrow with a view to selling here and Ebay.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Agree on rear mech being Super Record whereas front mech is Nuovo Record - SR actuation arm is black. Seatpost and cranks are SR too. PM me if you're wanting to sell the rear mech and cranks seperately.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..