Miche Young Compact chainset

bigflangesmallsprocket
bigflangesmallsprocket Posts: 2,443
edited July 2009 in Road buying advice
I've been on the lookout for a reasonably priced compact with 165 cranks. I spotted the Miche by accident, the 165 comes in 36/46, but I can always swap out and sell the rings to suit.

It seems to be marketed as a youngsters chainset though that doesn't bother me, but does anyone have any experience of this item?

Jam butties, officially endorsed by the Diddymen Olympic Squad

Comments

• floosy
    floosy Posts: 270
    I have them. they have been on the bike 5 months now (2000+ miles), not had a single problem.
    Shifting from the small ring to the big ring is not a smooth as some as there are no ramps or pins on the stock 34/46 chainrings. (which i find ok for me in terms of range)

Not bad for the £50 or so pounds I paid for then..

Dave.
  • Thanks for answering. I hadn't thought about ramps/pins. I was using an old Stronglight 49d (ta cyclostouriste style) chainset, which was a bloody pain, so this would still be an improvement. As you said..for the price, it seems a deal.

I didn't think to ask about the bottom bracket. I'm assuming that it's a Campag fit, but what size?

• floosy
    floosy Posts: 270
    Its standard square tapper bottom bracket..... mine is 107mm...

dont know if that actually helps.

Dave.
  • Thanks, it does. A Miche chainset for 50 squid sounds good...but I've just come across a Stronglight z'light for £30 off, though that's still a whopping £90 plus the cost of a funniestuff bb. Still, I'd not be tempted to upgrade then would I?

Choices, choices. They both appeal to the stingy northerner in me!