CRAMP AGGHH

connor123b
connor123b Posts: 21
Hey, I am Connor and I am 16 years old (sorry for my bad spelling) and have been mountain biking for a year now I am normally a XC mountain biker but due to a puncture early in the morning which took too much time to fix caused me to go on my cheapish road bike for once. I set off for my bike club in the morning. I did a few sprints on my own and began sweating as you do I did this a few times until I noticed that the sweat had been dripping off into my mouth which was salty it came to my attention that I was losing salt which I have been told is the cause of cramp when we settled at a cafe I ate my sandwiches which obviously contain a lot of salt so I thought I was ok not for any cramp. On the way back it must have been 10 miles from the cafe and we were approached with a offroading sectioning because we were a mountain bike club so I got a bit of a bumpy ride after we finished the offroading section and stopped to wait for the others in the club I had like a cramp seizure and almost came off my bike the back of my thigh seized up for the rest of the way back and whenever I applied power to my legs the back of my thigh gave me cramp. But what I mainly don’t understand is why after I ate that sandwich I had it. I am not sure whether due to the change in geometry and positioning with bikes made my unused muscles get pulled or whether young people tend to get this due to things like lactic acid I would like any help a way around the problem or a answer from someone who has had a similar problem.
Thanks for any suggestions

Comments

• XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    try drinking more water thro the day mate it helped me as i had the same sort of thing. also lack of sault.

there is a thread on sport drinks that may give you some info about what you need to try and drink