Stage 17 - ITV Live??

simon johnson
simon johnson Posts: 1,064
edited July 2009 in Pro race
I think that ITV are planning live coverage of this stage, but I'm not sure.

Stage 17 - 22.07.09

I can't find any indication of this on ITV's website; anybody know? I remember Ned Boulting mentioning something......

I need to book the day off work if it's to be given live coverage!
Where\'s me jumper?

Comments

• ACMadone
    ACMadone Posts: 300
    ITV 4 are showing the full stage every day on the red button.
  • It's in the mainstream ITV4 schedule (not just the red button) for all afternoon, rather than the usual 2 hour slot for live. Nice.

http://www.itv.com/TVGuide/default.html ... gBegin=171

I hope they'll do a longer broadcast for the Ventoux stage, too...

Last I heard, ITV4 will be showing every stage live next year and up until 2013 (and not just on the red button)

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... erage.html
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    It's in the mainstream ITV4 schedule (not just the red button) for all afternoon, rather than the usual 2 hour slot for live. Nice.

They're doing Thursday (the time trial) on regular ITV4 as well.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • simon johnson
    It's in the mainstream ITV4 schedule (not just the red button) for all afternoon, rather than the usual 2 hour slot for live. Nice.

I hope they'll do a longer broadcast for the Ventoux stage, too...

Last I heard, ITV4 will be showing every stage live next year and up until 2013 (and not just on the red button)

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... erage.html

Lovely! I've only got eight days of holiday left for the rest of the year but this I cannot miss....

Thanks for the link.
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • adeyboy
    adeyboy Posts: 113
    Obviously good news for either folks without Eurosport or just for a change of commentary. BUT, ITV have so many adverts on their coverage - I just can't believe it.

Anyway..........
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    Hoorah! Sadly, I always time holiday off work to watch the Tour. Went away for a few days, thank god 3g and internet on phone!
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    adeyboy wrote:
    Obviously good news for either folks without Eurosport or just for a change of commentary. BUT, ITV have so many adverts on their coverage - I just can't believe it.

Is this because they share the feed with the USA, and so the commentary follows the American pattern of 10 seconds of racing, 10 minutes of ads?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Just realised I've got an ossie appt that day at 11am so should be home in time to watch it.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • adeyboy
    adeyboy Posts: 113
    adeyboy wrote:

Is this because they share the feed with the USA, and so the commentary follows the American pattern of 10 seconds of racing, 10 minutes of ads?

Nice bit of lateral thinking there - could well be, yeah.

Not the end of the world, I like Phil and Paul, and tend to flick between them and Eurosport to avoid as many ads as possible. I think Phil captures the excitement best, but Eurosport calls the tactics better. On Alpe D'Huez last year it was Eurosport who recognised A Shleck was not actually chasing Sastre but disrupting Evans.
  • simon johnson
    Watching on ITV online player cuts out all ads; restricted to one hour evening highlights though.
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Watching on ITV online player cuts out all ads; restricted to one hour evening highlights though.

How long does the 1 hour highlights show last, without the adverts - about 40 minutes ?
  • simon johnson
    andy_wrx wrote:

How long does the 1 hour highlights show last, without the adverts - about 40 minutes ?

If that!! 10 minutes of Boulting prancing around in a frenchman's back garden, 5 minutes of fatuous (usually) emails, such as: "why is George Hincapie called Big George ?" and so on.......no complaints from me though, I'm loving it. :D:D
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • simon johnson
    Day off today!!

Stocked up with beers and cakes for this afternoon's epic :D

Just missing the big inflatable hand.

Please God, sweet Lord, Mary, Joseph let Wiggins retain that third position.
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Day off today!!

Stocked up with beers and cakes for this afternoon's epic :D

Just missing the big inflatable hand.

Please God, sweet Lord, Mary, Joseph let Wiggins retain that third position.

Or maybe sneak into second!
  • simon johnson
    If only!

I'll be on the edge of my seat......not just because I've got a 12" telly :D
    Where\'s me jumper?