4 more years, 4 more years

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Of McQuaid, coz he's been doing such an outstanding job.

How does his Dutch puppet master make him move without strings?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Why was no one willing to stand against him? There were 2 other candidates last time - did they not fancy taking him on again?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    “I think it’s healthy that there’s only one candidate as it shows that the other continents outside of Europe are satisfied with how the UCI is working, and that the most important continent, Europe, is also satisfied and doesn’t want division,” he said. “That’s what happened four years ago when there was a very a dirty campaign. Now Europe wants to show it’s united.
    That's one spin on things. But I know the opinions of four European federations and if this isn't a scientific poll, three of the four federations don't want McQuaid. The fourth is happy with him (no, they're not Irish). I hope you don't mind if I don't name them, my point is more that if some national federations don't want him, it is another thing to put up a unifying candidate that would find agreement, yet alone win support around the world.

I would have liked to have seen an opponent, even if they had no hope. For opposition is part of a healthy vote, it would help to challenge some of McQuaid's bungling.

There was a good quote on German TV yesterday, one of the sports journalists said "I rang up Herr McQuaid of the UCI to discuss the race radio ban and he wasn't aware of the teams' protests". Odd, since even cycling fans are in the know here. Perhaps McQuaid is easy to lampoon but he does bring this on himself at times.
  • I’ve been very strong on anti-doing in the last four years

You ain't kidding. This is then followed by a nonsense sentence (attemptiong to be corporate management speak). Good old Pat. Hooray.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Well, Pierre from cycling report put himself forward but they objected that he wasn't real.

The French federation approved of his name though.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Bugger ... I didn't even realise it was time to submit my resume.

Never mind, I've placed a reminder in Outllook for 2013. Looking forward to getting the position.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Make way, here comes Pat!
    bettiniphoto_0018741_1_full.jpg