Andy says Bertie is beatable in Alps

Mettan
Mettan Posts: 2,103
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Good fighting talk from Andy.

http://tour-de-france.velonews.com/arti ... an-be-beat

Be fun to see him and Alberto dropping Lance, when at the sharp end.

Comments

• TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    I think Andy's the one to watch. He's looking really comfortable and is not too far behind.
    One longish attack and the tour could flip.
    exercise.png
  • victorponf
    victorponf Posts: 1,187
    Lance and Andy talk on papers at the moment, Bertie on the road.
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    victorponf wrote:
    Lance and Andy talk on papers at the moment, Bertie on the road.

+1
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Mettan wrote:
    Good fighting talk from Andy.

http://tour-de-france.velonews.com/arti ... an-be-beat

Be fun to see him and Alberto dropping Lance, when at the sharp end.

How is it fighting talk when he's talking about Lance winning it, not him?

Pay attention when it's the peloton speaking not L'Equipe loving, Ashenden worshiping bloggers.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    I want Andy to ride away in the mountains but I'm not convinced that Contador's going to have any trouble there. He did pretty well a few years ago against everyone including Rasmussen.
  • Unsheath
    Unsheath Posts: 49
    Of course he would say that. If you didn't believe, you might as well do the Astana victory procession now.

Hopefully he'll now let his legs do the talking.
  • Mettan
    Be interesting to see whether Lance will be able to stay with Andy and Bert. - will Lance end up in the Cadel / Levi / etc group behind. How will Carlos ride - very well I'd imagine.

The tension builds.

Did find Bert's face (and the whole of Astana) funny the other day when Andy made a little atack - panic stations :D
  • Mettan
    Australian Stuart O'Grady believes his Saxo Bank team leader Andy Schleck is about to show the full range of his climbing potential on the Tour de France in the coming days.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/t ... e-11-22415

I'd imagine Andy's confident of taking it to the GC contenders in the Alps.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Well, I'm looking forward to Friday's stage: the mountains of the Vosges, ridden in wet weather. The climbs don't look decisive for the GC, yet for anyone not comfortable with racing in rain it could be a hard day and we might see some surprises.
  • ACMadone
    ACMadone Posts: 300
    Mettan wrote:
    Australian Stuart O'Grady believes his Saxo Bank team leader Andy Schleck is about to show the full range of his climbing potential on the Tour de France in the coming days.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/t ... e-11-22415

I'd imagine Andy's confident of taking it to the GC contenders in the Alps.

This is pretty funny when Andy Schleck couldn't go with Conti when he attacked last week up to Acralis. Plenty of excuses have been made but at the end of the day he's not on the same level. He's unlikely to gain any time in the alps on Contador, and is going to lose time in the TT so will need to pull out at least 3 minutes up Ventoux which just isn't going to happen.

Stuey O'Grady really doesn't have a clue.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,485
    ACMadone wrote:
    This is pretty funny when Andy Schleck couldn't go with Conti when he attacked last week up to Acralis. Plenty of excuses have been made but at the end of the day he's not on the same level. He's unlikely to gain any time in the alps on Contador, and is going to lose time in the TT so will need to pull out at least 3 minutes up Ventoux which just isn't going to happen.

Stuey O'Grady really doesn't have a clue.
    To be frank, I think he probably has more of a clue than you.

We'll see what Schleck does in the next week, but if last year's Tour is anything to go by, he'll have an influence on how the race is won.