Aldi Bits

2»

Comments

• wantaway
    wantaway Posts: 96
    ah. that may explain it then. Although the computers were not mentioned as part of the page of promoted items and many of the items that are on that page were already on display.

so that is cleared up then.

great.
  • glenwatt
    glenwatt Posts: 155
    I picked up one of the Aldi Wireless computer, so far so good.
    Especially for the price.

One point to bear in mind was that my local store had not put any on display, as the locals nick 'em. So well worth asking if you don't see any.
    Glen

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,938
    Long sleeve jersey £2 more expensive in Northern Ireland than the rest of the UK :roll:

Not Impressed Lidl :x

Not Impressed at all :x
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Roougers
    Roougers Posts: 36
    I got the Aldi Computer, like others have said you have to ask, it was hidden in a glass cabinet with various digital cameras and the tin foil and razor blades and I would not have spotted it.

Its been gracing my newly purchased Langster (decided not to go for the pearson in the end) and has worked very well so far. I havent tried the HRM as I have a decent Polar already so dont feel the need.

Luckily I also have a Lidl only a small (and rather pleasurable) diversion off my normal commute. I have a few of their Jerseys from last year. They are still in one piece and are quite cosy as a base layer, or on their own. Incredible value considering they are made out of Coolmax which Adidas/Nike will charge you £30 plus.

I have a lot of time for the discounters, unlike Tesco, they seem to genuinely put some thought into their products.
  • A - W
    A - W Posts: 253
    I have a few of the tops, after two years no problems.

Recently went to SPDs and some of Lidls finest shoes. No problems either with them although I might have a size slightly too big.

The track pump has worked well for the last few months with no problems what so ever.

Thumbs up from me! 8)
    FCN 10
  • monkeysm8
    monkeysm8 Posts: 191
    Think I will be going tonight for some lycra tight goodness
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Is it Lidl or Aldi?
    Lidl, this time.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    StuAff wrote:
    Is it Lidl or Aldi?
    Lidl, this time.

Nyaha! Excellent! There's one near me, and I quite like the jersey I got from them last time...
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Are Lidl and Aldi basically the same? Owned by the same company, just branded differently for some reason?
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    biondino wrote:
    Are Lidl and Aldi basically the same? Owned by the same company, just branded differently for some reason?

No, they're competitors.

I went today and got:

2 saddle bags (1 for flatmate)
    1 pair socks
    1 pair shoes

I already have a pair of shoes from the last cycling special and they've served me well. This time they're quite a lot lighter and it looks like they've improved the strap a bit as it has more velcro on it (making it better suited to doing up tight) and feels a bit more substantial.

By the way, if there are any Edinburgh folk after Lidl stuff, the Musselburgh one had way more left about an hour ago than the Leith one. Yes, I'm sad enough to have checked both.

They even have some panniers left but I wasn't terribly impressed by them so I decided to pass.

I would have like to have got some tights and maybe a jersey or two but as usual they were way too big for me.

Matthew