Riders in Huddersfield

James23
James23 Posts: 113
edited July 2010 in MTB rides
Hi There

Anyone out there who rides around the Huddersfield area. Who fancys showing me some trials and routes to bike on.

Cheers James

Comments

• Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    what of hudds you from mate?
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • James23
    Hi Rich9

I am from more the Brighouse end Bradley Road across from Bradley Golf Club what about you.

Cheers James
  • Rich9
    tuther side towards Denby Dale etc
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • James23
    Ahh better riding then... where you go around there your area
  • LaSanta
    LaSanta Posts: 25
    Have a butchers at www.happy-days-mtb.spaces.live.com for routes/ideas

Chris
  • Rich9
    soem decent rides on that site, thanks LaSanta. Might have a bash

James23 - wouldnt say it was better over this way. You're far from some decent riding surely

I generally ride from home up towards Emley Moor, Flockton, Bretton direction and may be into Deffer Woods at some point. Generally make up a loop as i go along. Could do with branching out a bit though
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • James23
    Thanks Lasanta

Brilliant website been looking for something like that for ages. Thats helped me plan my routes for the next few weeks.

Whats the best one to start with thinking about the Marsden-Slaithwaite loop....

Cheers James
  • Rich9
    I'm going to have a go at the Langsett Loop I reckon. The start point isnt too far from me
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • LaSanta
    Really pleased that you've found the site useful.

Start in Slaithwaite and then go up to Blackmoorfoot Res. You've picked a good one to start with - one of my favourites :D

Bearing in mind all the rain we've been having the tracks will still be pretty good ... in fact because of that very reason I'm thinking of doing myself this weekend.

Enjoy !

p.s. I'm off to Lanzarote on Thursday with my bike ... 2 weeks of good riding hmmm.
  • LaSanta
    p.s. If you go through the pics that's me with the Orange 5.

All comments, ideas routes, etc are welcome .... just leave comments on the site
  • clodhoppa74
    clodhoppa74 Posts: 331
    there's alway ogden water, just outside the 'fax. there's a good loop up there on the moors. i've yet to try it though.
  • Hey James,

I'm just down the road from you! And i have a mate from just up the road.

I'm picking up my new bike at the end of the month so could sort out a ride then!

What bike do you have??

Cheers,

Jake
  • James23
    Sounds good Jake i have just got a Focus Black Forest Pro 2009 where do you wanna go.

What bike do you have or which one are you getting.......????

Cheers James
  • James23 wrote:
    Sounds good Jake i have just got a Focus Black Forest Pro 2009 where do you wanna go.

What bike do you have or which one are you getting.......????

Cheers James

Not sure tbh mate, not been out for a ride in ages!

I'm getting a Carrera Titan XC.

Carbon framed, rockshox reba's, x9 shifters & derailers with carbon stem & bars :D

Can't wait!

Jake
  • djen83
    djen83 Posts: 20
    Anybody else local to Hudds? I'm at the other end of Hudds near Linthwaite.. anyone fancy meeting up and sharing some trails?

I'm a bit too fast for the local MTB club and getting a tad bored of riding on my own
  • James23
    Hi Djen83

Where do ride around Linthwaite.

Cheers

J
  • i-drive
    i-drive Posts: 527
    suffering from swine flu at the mo,but me & a group do a ride every thurs evening around 6.30.

we meeet at the co-op car park holmfirth 6.30pm.

i also do a fair bit of riding locally .
  • djen83
    James23: I start at Linthwaite and try to get in a 20-35mile route using some of the following; Wessendon, Pule Hill, Pennine way, Honley/Meltham Woods, Yateholm res, Holmstyes res & other trails around Holmfirth.

Really keen to learn some new stuff though.. getting a bit tired of the same old.. I have a car so am happy to meet anywhere in Hudds...

I'm free Monday's & Wednesday's if anyone is up for a few miles?
  • realnumber 1
    realnumber 1 Posts: 675
    I live in Huddersfield. When I ride locally I mainly ride round top part of Newhey road/ Denshaw way and over towards Windy hill near Saddleworth M62 junction. theres a decent run that goes from there and down to Hollingworth Lake, back under the Mway and back up.

Don't really know many other good areas around Hudds and tend to go over to Hebdon Bridge area or Lee Quarry for a blast. It would be nice to hear of anywhere as good but nearer :) .
  • djen83
    Delph.... Hollingworth lake....Denshaw...Lee Quary.....Hebden Bridge.....Ogden Water....Langsett...etc etc

A handful of blokes with a mixture of good local knowledge, why dont we all get out together on a weekly basis and all learn some new routes from each other and have a laugh in the process?

Wednesday nights are best for me.
  • Hi, im from Elland which is just over the hill from you guys, a few of us generally get out on a Sunday morning as well as a couple of evenings a week ....

We ofter run through Brighouse - Huddersfield - Slaithwaite, allways up for new routes,

Would be interested in meeting up with anyone local for a ride out some time ...
  • James23
    Count me in i would like to get out as much as possible.... on a weekday or a weekend but i am not home till 7 on a week night but will love to go out still and may be a few cheeky beers :lol::lol::lol::lol: after
  • djen83
    cubby,

If you give us some more specifics about time/place I'd be up for meeting up, weekends or evenings.

Also - what sort of miles do you cover? I'm ok with anything up to 30 but aint fit enough for much more.

Dave.
  • Great stuff, will have to get something sorted soon ....

Will get a post up tomorrow about Sundays ride out :)

usual ride length we do are between 10 and 25 miles ....

Just done 36 miles today .... and dont i know it .... lol
  • Cubby, Djen,

Based in Cleckheaton so often ride from Brighouse, up for anything upto around 20 - 25mile on a Mon/Tue and some sundays.......

I'll keep my eye on here..

Rob.
  • djen83
    Excellent, plenty of rider interest. Why don't we all the the loop mentioned around Delph/Saddeworth/M62 this Sunday?

Put a reply on here saying you're up for it and i'll PM my mobile num to arrange details.

Could do with "realnumber1" out with us as i'm not too familiar with the route.

Dave.
  • James23
    Bugger i have not had chance to check the forums and was not in work Friday. Did you go out in the end djen83.

I did on Sunday nothing special just to Slathwaite on the channel bank.

Cheers James
  • djen83
    James & anyone else interested,

Did a 37m mile killer the other day combining most of the best trails in Hudds. Email me on djen83@hotmail.co.uk and we can organise another ride.

My old training partner is back from uni so we're coveing s**t loads of MTB miles in the local area, so coming along now would be ideal if you want to pickup some new trails and have a laugh on the way..

Dave
  • i_am_jon
    i_am_jon Posts: 32
    Hi,

I'm in salendine nook huddersfield, only been riding about 6 months. Generally go out with my 13yo son around west side of huddersfield (marsden, scammonden, blackmoorfoot and down grimescar valley).

Managed a 20 mile ride to marsden via scammonden and cupworth last sunday, it did take 5 hours but we stopped for nearly an hour at nont sarah for lunch and a few of the tracks were pretty much unridable (at least for us).

Anyhow keen to learn some new routes and skills as i've pretty much been making it up as I go along till now. Don't have a car so i'm limited to riding in the immediate area.

Jon D
  • Hi again .... there's a local site i found which do local rides around Halifax/Huddersfied areas, and also trail centres from time to time .... decent people allways making newbies welcome ...

You can check it out below

http://halifaxmtb.co.uk/index.php?action=forum