I'm a twenty-niner!...

grudfuttle
grudfuttle Posts: 40
edited July 2009 in MTB beginners
I have recently become a 29er. I've never done any serious biking before, I just had an elderly bike lying forgotten in the back of the garden shed. Then a friend convinced me to go out early one Sunday morning with him for a blast around bridlepaths and tracks. I enjoyed it so much I started looking for a new bike and within a couple of weeks my brand new 29er arrived.
I love it! I've bought a map of the area and found there's loads of bridlepaths and tracks to explore. I'm now regularly out careering down tracks and crashing through the undergrowth. Although well into my forties it makes me feel like a kid again! I've even got the 'upgrading bug'. I've already added lock-on grips and a KMC chain.

Just thought I'd tell someone...

Any other 29ers on here?

Regards, grudfuttle

Comments

• grudfuttle
    So what bike is it?!
  • grudfuttle
    I am the proud owner of a Haro Mary XC. It's a 2008 model and I got £250 off the list price. It's not in the same league as some of you guys with £1000+ bikes, but I love it.

I wish I'd discovered this mountain bike malarky years ago.

grudfuttle
  • ahhh nice bike :)

how you finding the 29" wheels then? I'm quite intrigued by them myself!
  • grudfuttle
    I get on with 29" wheels fine, no complaints at all. But I have to be honest - I'm not the right person to give an objective opinion. I'm pretty new to the whole mountain biking 'thing' and, after some inter-wide-webbly-world research, decided to dive straight into 29" wheels. But I have no regrets with my choice - I love my Mary, I do.

grudfuttle
  • John Moore
    John Moore Posts: 580
    I wouldn't buy another 26er ever again, 29ers are the future.

Anyone want a Cotic BFe?
  • grudfuttle
    What's a Cotic BFe?

It sounds like an agricultural disease...
  • John Moore
    John Moore Posts: 580
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... /bfe-11220

http://www.cotic.co.uk/product/BFe

"At the full 150mm fork travel the BFe became a surefooted beast able to mix up diving into turns with planted predictability, helped by it's rigid lateral stiffness."

"Tough, stiff and well thought out".

~ MBUK

"We're pretty confident in claiming that the Cotic BFe is the fastest Downhill Hardtail in the world.".

~ Singletrack