Blackpool, Rapha Condor

stevev
stevev Posts: 18
Can anyone give me some idea what the route is like regarding climbs etc. There's very little info or graph on the site.

Cheers
Steve

Comments

• butcher_boy
    butcher_boy Posts: 117
    Do you mean the Blackpool Nocturne?

Not much course info required, a short flat lap along the prom!!
  • stevev
    Sorry Butcher boy I meant the Sportive :wink:
  • butcher_boy
    The longer event climbs Calder fell & the shorter event gives you the option of missing out the climbing.
  • Solis
    Solis Posts: 166
    Assuming the longer route? Everything to the west of the M6 is as flat as you can get Up North, not sure which way the route is running but basicaly from M6 to Dunsop Bridge (assuming anti clockwise) is generaly fairly easy up and down, Dunsop Bridge to Oakenclough takes in the Trough Of Bowland, hilly with the main climb stiff but not silly Lake District stiff and relativley short (much easier if clockwise route), Oakenclough to M 6 one or two climbs but mainly just up and down.
  • It's odd that this runs the same weekend as the Pendle Pedal which gives you lots of the same (and several more) hills but misses out the flat bit on the Fylde by starting from Barlick.
  • stevev
    Cheers Chaps
  • butcher_boy
    See this weeks Cycling Weekly for full review of course.
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    It's odd that this runs the same weekend as the Pendle Pedal which gives you lots of the same (and several more) hills but misses out the flat bit on the Fylde by starting from Barlick.

some people might say it's funny people do that pendle pedal when on the same day they can do the blackpool sportive instead, get a more sensible amount of riding in on the same hills and replace the excess ones with some nice panflat kms and time at the seaside! :wink:
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Anyon know what the challenge time is for this event?

Saw it mentioned in cycling weekly but I don't think that they gave us the time...
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson