Big Al @ Wheelcraft (Clachan of Campsie)

top_bhoy
top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
edited July 2009 in Road buying advice
Is Big Al @ Wheelcraft still operating (hopefully he is)?

What happened to his website...I'm thinking of ordering a pair of wheels just now from him and bring them back to Oz when I'm over for a month in Aug/Sept. Can someone PM me with his phone no./email details please?

A top guy and worth the little bit of hassle to bring the wheels back to Oz. For that I get top service and a top end product at reasonable costst!!!

Cheers

Comments

• The Mechanic
    The Mechanic Posts: 1,277
    Unit 4,

Aldessan House,

Clachan of Campsie,

Glasgow,

G66 7AB

Phone
    01360 312709

www.wheelcraft.net
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks
  • top_bhoy
    Unit 4,

Aldessan House,

Clachan of Campsie,

Glasgow,

G66 7AB

Phone
    01360 312709

www.wheelcraft.net
    Thanks for that...do you know if he has a business email address?
  • The Mechanic
    The Mechanic Posts: 1,277
    No, he doesn't do email or any other kind of electron communication. I am surprised he actually uses the phone rather than carrier pidgion. Give him a call but be prepared for a long chat, especially if he is not busy.

I had a pair of wheels built by him just before Christmas and they are brill. I got Ambrosio Evolution rims with ultegra rear and DH-3N80 dynohub front.
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks
  • top_bhoy
    No, he doesn't do email or any other kind of electron communication. I am surprised he actually uses the phone rather than carrier pidgion. Give him a call but be prepared for a long chat, especially if he is not busy.

I had a pair of wheels built by him just before Christmas and they are brill. I got Ambrosio Evolution rims with ultegra rear and DH-3N80 dynohub front.

I'm working away from home at the minute but thanks for your help. I'm well used to Als long converstaions but that is usually when I'm at the shop. Thanks fo rthe 'heads-up', I'll make sure I have enough credit on my phonecard before I phone from Oz. :D

I agree, his wheel are great.