Putting photos onto the posts.

Tino4444
Tino4444 Posts: 281
Hi All,

Can anyone help me please. It would be useful if I was able to attach photos to my posts from time to time especially when asking for advice with bike parts etc.

I have looked and I cannot find out how to add pics.....is it easy? if so can someone please explain how?

Thanks in advance.

Tino (the not very convincing computer wiz)
Speciallized Allez 09...great bike shame about the wheels!!

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    picture somewhere on the web (Flikr?), then use the img tags [ img ] web link to picture [/ img ]
  • Tino4444
    Tino4444 Posts: 281
    alfablue wrote:
    picture somewhere on the web (Flikr?), then use the img tags [ img ] web link to picture [/ img ]
    :? :shock:
    Speciallized Allez 09...great bike shame about the wheels!!
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497

Upload your pictures to Flickr

Get the link for the picture from Flickr

use the img (for image) tags that reside above the box where you write your message, insert the one,%20then%20paste%20the%20link%20to%20your%20picture,%20then%20close%20it%20with%20the tag
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • stevenmh
    stevenmh Posts: 180
    I have to say it would be useful having the ability to upload pictures directly. It would also stop hotlinking which I have noticed once or twice.

I am sure phpBB has the function to allow this and probably can even be set up to limit sizes etc.

I do not have a photobucket, flickr, etc account and am not about to set one up just so I can post the occasional picture here. It is a pity.