Bruyneel vs Sporza

afx237vi
afx237vi Posts: 12,630
edited July 2009 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bruynee ... ott-sporza

Do you think the people at Astana each have their own individual noticeboard on the bus where they pin the photos, or do you think they all share?

Bruyneel isn't talking to Sporza, Klodi isn't talking to Germans, Lance isn't talking to various people, although he is talking to Frankie... I can't keep up!

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,485
    That is funny. Poor old Bruyneel really doesn't like people taking the piss out of him does he? It's like he's never grown out of the playground age.

I might go and wind him up on twitter.
  • andyp
    The deed is done.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Sporza had a video a day or so ago where you can see Armstrong being whisked away, and Bruyneel ignoring Sporza. Here it is: http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrenn ... astana_vrt
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    andyp wrote:
    That is funny. Poor old Bruyneel really doesn't like people taking the wee-wee out of him does he? It's like he's never grown out of the playground age.

I might go and wind him up on twitter.

If you actually stopped to think for a second difficult i know when your obsession is so pronounced you'll find that really the only people being wound up here are you lot, but you jst cant see it can you.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Unfortunately, it's reaction like this, that continues to fuel the debate on forums.
    Maybe it's all intentional, just to keep folks talking about them, without them actually having to give anything away?

I don't understand why the aren't courting all journalists, but only from the LAF/cancer awareness angle. Forget about the bike, talk.
    Wouldn't have these tiffs, then.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • andyp
    Moray Gub wrote:
    If you actually stopped to think for a second difficult i know when your obsession is so pronounced you'll find that really the only people being wound up here are you lot, but you jst cant see it can you.

I love how certain people on here seem to be able to make leaps of faith on people's characters based on their postings.

I've no obsession with Johan Bruyneel. I just find it funny that a man who is working in a professional sport which is funded by companies seeking TV exposure thinks it's a mature move to ban his riders from talking to a particular TV company. The stated reason behind this being an employee of that company satirised Armstrong and Bruyneel. Aw, bless. Is their not a Flemish equivalent of 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but names shall never harm me'?

If you then factor in the professed aim of Armstrong's comeback, which is to raise awareness of cancer, it makes it even more odd, as I'm pretty sure Belgians get cancer. Armstrong, to his credit, has made himself available to the media in this Tour, including it's seems Sporza, but Bruyneel and his staff thought it wise to intervene. It's all rather juvenile is it not?
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    andyp wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

I love how certain people on here seem to be able to make leaps of faith on people's characters based on their postings.

I've no obsession with Johan Bruyneel. I just find it funny that a man who is working in a professional sport which is funded by companies seeking TV exposure thinks it's a mature move to ban his riders from talking to a particular TV company. The stated reason behind this being an employee of that company satirised Armstrong and Bruyneel. Aw, bless. Is their not a Flemish equivalent of 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but names shall never harm me'?

If you then factor in the professed aim of Armstrong's comeback, which is to raise awareness of cancer, it makes it even more odd, as I'm pretty sure Belgians get cancer. Armstrong, to his credit, has made himself available to the media in this Tour, including it's seems Sporza, but Bruyneel and his staff thought it wise to intervene. It's all rather juvenile is it not?

You just twittered a complete stranger to express your disproval of his banning of a TV channel from another country.

I think you the one being a little strange on this one Andy
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • andyp
    That's how twitter works.

Obviously what amuses me, doesn't amuse others.

*shrugs*
  • timoid.
    I've consigned twitter to the same bucket as mini discs and fax machines as a technology I just don't get and never use.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Timoid. wrote:
    I've consigned twitter to the same bucket as mini discs and fax machines as a technology I just don't get and never use.

If you don;t use fax machines, how do you get your invoices from Dr Fuentes?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • timoid.
    iainf72 wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:

If you don;t use fax machines, how do you get your invoices from Dr Fuentes?

USPS?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Timoid. wrote:
    You just twittered a complete stranger to express your disproval of his banning of a TV channel from another country.

The complete stranger is the manager of the biggest team in the Tour boycotting one of his home country broadcasters. Belgium is the most cycling-mad country going. So it is a silly spat that doesn't help the team's image.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Timoid. wrote:
    [

It tends to be the people who dont have alot of time for Lance and complain about the amount of posts exposure etc who talk the most about him.Take the Giro the complaint was he was never out the press etc so they get their wish he doesnt talk and then what happens they complain bitterly about it...............go figure. Its the LA detractors who are resonsible for the amount of publicity he is getting, your point about twitter was valid if i was as much anti Lance as these guys the last place i would be would be his twitter account and posting about it all the time.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    MG, this isn't about Armstrong, it's Bruyneel. Look at the video link posted, Armstrong was happily chatting to talk to Sporza until he was ordered to stop.
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    What are these people? 10-year-olds in a school yard?

"I don't like you. I'm not talking to you. And my friends neither. bah bah bah can't hear you!"

Are there no sponsor representatives to call up Bruyneel and make him do his job, i.e. giving the sponsor exposure on all platforms? You can bet I'd be on the phone if it was my money.