And the mystery drug they can detect is...

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Synacthene

Very good news as it tends to feature heavily in blood doping protocols.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• don key
    don key Posts: 494
    "We prefer, however, urine because".................... you couldn't write these lines, maybe I could actually.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Good news. Maybe that's what Wiggo's cryptic Twitter message is about.

I like the way they "test" these things at races before, the labs must have a clear idea of who is on these things because the riders use them thinking there's no test.

Are we at a point where some of the science is catching up with the cheating, that the gap is getting smaller?
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    iainf72 wrote:
    Synacthene

Very good news as it tends to feature heavily in blood doping protocols.

Sounds like what I need to give me a bit more umph. Do these things work on older people? I mean by the time they cause havoc in our bodies we will be on the way out anyway and probably won't even notice it. We'll just chalk it up to another old age ailment
    and that will be that. Besides we oldsters probably wouldn't use it in doses like todays athletes do. We're smarter than that. Aren't we?
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    HGH is very popular among the older populaton in the US, Dennis. There are even clinics you can go to to get it. Who knows, perhaps you've had a "toot" yourself?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • dennisn
    DaveyL wrote:
    HGH is very popular among the older populaton in the US, Dennis. There are even clinics you can go to to get it. Who knows, perhaps you've had a "toot" yourself?

Well, if I have had a "toot" I don't remember it and it hasn't done too much good so far.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    So how does the new drug thing work? I'm thinking the drug is developed in some dodgy lab and given to the athletes, but who tells the authorities "hey we've invented a new drug it's called "freaking fast" bet you can't find it"?? :?
  • grandad3
    grandad3 Posts: 322
    Dennisn wrote

Sounds like what I need to give me a bit more umph. Do these things work on older people? I mean by the time they cause havoc in our bodies we will be on the way out anyway and probably won't even notice it. We'll just chalk it up to another old age ailment
    and that will be that. Besides we oldsters probably wouldn't use it in doses like todays athletes do. We're smarter than that. Aren't we?[/quote]

Think I'll stick to me cup of coffee and isotonic drinks, I do want to live for a long time and be a right grumpy old baxtard
    'Collapse the Light into Earth'
  • dennisn
    Homer J wrote:
    So how does the new drug thing work? I'm thinking the drug is developed in some dodgy lab and given to the athletes, but who tells the authorities "hey we've invented a new drug it's called "freaking fast" bet you can't find it"?? :?

I kind of doubt that all these drugs are developed in "dodgy labs". I'm sure most of them have some clinical use and come from respectable labs who develop all kinds of things for all kinds of human conditions and problems.
  • Homer J
    Yeah, that does make sense.
    So can i get some from Boots :wink:
  • Birillo
    Birillo Posts: 417
    Well, if I have had a "toot" I don't remember it and it hasn't done too much good so far.

Synacthene has two significant side effects. The first is memory loss. I can't remember the second one.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Homer J wrote:

Pretty much:

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/dynepo-3 ... 14019.html
  • Homer J
    Cat 2 here i come :D:D
  • TarmacExpert
    TarmacExpert Posts: 204
    johnfinch wrote:
    Homer J wrote:

Pretty much:

You do, however, have to send them the original copy of your prescription before they will send it to you, so it isn't quite the case that you can just click and order it.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    johnfinch wrote:
    Homer J wrote:

Pretty much:

You do, however, have to send them the original copy of your prescription before they will send it to you, so it isn't quite the case that you can just click and order it.

And that's where a good dodgy doctor comes in useful...

Hi, everybooody!
    Hi, Doctor Ferrari!
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    I have a friend who is a doctor at a well known cancer clinic in withington, his sister wanted some anti-malarials for going on holiday, bit of a last minute jobbie

so he wanders into a chemist in Whalley Range, says 'hi I need a prescription sorting, I'm Dr XXXX YYYY from ZZ hospital' dispenser says 'absolutely Dr XXX, would you like to use our prescription pad?' hands him the pad, he writes doxycycline on it, gives them the cash and walks out, no mention of seeing a GMC card etc. he was about 29yrs old at the time and wearing combats and a tshirt...

so easy it was kinda scary..
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight