Bournemouth (Jurassic Coast and Isle of Purbeck)

Noel PT
Noel PT Posts: 627
edited August 2009 in MTB rides
Hi Guys,

I am gonna be in this area for the 17th, 18th and 19th for a stag party, but wont be drinking :oops: , so I am going to have a lot of time on my hands. So I wanted to sneak off early to rides or possibly the whole of Saturday. I was wondering if anyone knew some good routes around the area?

Never been around there at all. I googled a bit but local knowledge is so much better.

thanks for any ideas guys

Comments

• TonyWard
    TonyWard Posts: 149
    Did you find anything? have a boys (well dads really) trip to Bournemouth in September and we'd all like to go for a ride
  • Noel PT
    Noel PT Posts: 627
    No mate, I didn't get anything and specific and I didn't end up taking my bike. But from the pictures I saw it looks as though there should be some good riding out there.

Hope you have a good trip.
  • M1llh0use
    M1llh0use Posts: 863
    route 1

route 2

route 3

route 4

couple to get you going...
    {insert smartarse comment here}
  • TonyWard
    Many thanks M1llh0use. Picket post looks best placed for being on the way back to Guildford but would be interested in your thoughts on which are the most technically challenging.
  • M1llh0use
    Picket post area is quite picturesque, especially round burley but not particularly testing. Purbs are a bit taller with some more taxing hills and a few more technical bits.

Depends on what you're after...
  • TonyWard
    Many thanks Purbs sounds better but Picket post is right side of Bournemouth for the trip home and we may be nursing hangovers! Maybe we could also include Watchmoor Wood Bike Park if people want an opportunity to fall off - have you been there and is it any good?
  • M1llh0use
    if hangovers are an option steer clear of watchmore! :lol:

It is quite good (BUT NOT HAVING ANY EXPERIENCE WITH ANY OTHER FREERIDE PARK) but lethal if it's wet.

nice pub in burley for a midway stop. canadian war memorial is also worth a visit...
  • TonyWard
    OK thanks a lot for the advice