Pro Lance Bullsh1t Here Please

Kléber
Kléber Posts: 6,842
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Only joking :lol::wink:

I am just making a point following Rockmount's idea to have an "Anti Lance Bullsh1t Here Please" thread.

The whole point of a forum is to have free debate, not to shoehorn any particular subject. For example if I started a thread on Carlos Sastre, does all talk about the 2008 Tour winner have to be contained within this thread? Well, for me the answer's no.

Anyway, no need to add to this thread, I hope it drops off the screen as quickly as Rockmount's brainchild.

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    I don't have any problems with Lance.
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    No BS to report here .. all good !
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    countless tweets methinks
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I follow Lance Spamstrong on Twitter, but I would unfollow him if there weren't any interesting "tweets", it's just a shame most of what he "tweets" is spam.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    This is why I hate the Tour.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,485
    It wasn't this bad last year Iain. It only happens when a certain person rides. He'll be gone soon, thankfully.
  • Angus444
    Angus444 Posts: 141
    I joined Bike Radar Forums because the one at Cycling News was doing my head in!!

If you had posted a new topic, say, 'What Type Of Cake Do You Like', sure as eggs are eggs, somebody woud turn it into a Lance is Great/ I hate Lance/Who's A Doper....etc.....AAAAAARRRGGGHH!!!

Personally, I have respect for the man for coming back from Cancer, and winning 7. On the downside, I wish he wasn't so abusive towards the French....although, they're not entirely innocent in the great Lance debate.
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    Since this afternoon I've had two new members join my team, we defo no got any bull shit on board , so were all clear.

You wait years for success and the two sheep farm you always wanted is a goer just like that.I may have more tomorrow.

My pet subject is Sheep that Follow but pretend to rebel. It's kinda Twitter for Twats," hey , how many Twatts you putting out today"?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Angus444 wrote:
    I joined Bike Radar Forums because the one at Cycling News was doing my head in!!
    Welcome. I find the debate can be a bit better here.

Over at the CN forum they have had to create a seperate forum to discuss doping. But this strikes me as a bit odd since sometimes pro road racing just can't escape the scourge of doping, it's hard to compartmentalise the subject in isolation.
  • don key
    Kléber wrote:
    Angus444 wrote:
    Welcome. I find the debate can be a bit better here.

Over at the CN forum they have had to create a seperate forum to discuss doping. But this strikes me as a bit odd since sometimes pro road racing just can't escape the scourge of doping, it's hard to compartmentalise the subject in isolation.

A scourge for us maybe but for those who go all the way with a condominium, it is , seemingly, the height of pleasure. The retirement can be a bit much though as opening the paper every day can be a bit nerve racking.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I follow Lance Spamstrong on Twitter, but I would unfollow him if there weren't any interesting "tweets", it's just a shame most of what he "tweets" is spam.

Pro tip :- If you want to unfollow Lance Armstrong's Twitter, all you have to do is ask him a vaguely awkward question. Doesn't even have to be about the D-word.
  • iainf72
    afx237vi wrote:
    Pro tip :- If you want to unfollow Lance Armstrong's Twitter, all you have to do is ask him a vaguely awkward question. Doesn't even have to be about the D-word.

He hasn't blocked me yet despite my efforts.

Wierd.

I think he's got some kind of beef with monkeys.
  • afx237vi
    iainf72 wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

He hasn't blocked me yet despite my efforts.

Wierd.

I think he's got some kind of beef with monkeys.

I could insert some quip about Sheryl Crow at this point, but even by my standards that would be HARSH.

So far it's me, CFA, Lionel Birnie and that dude from Velonews.
  • iainf72
    If I sent him a link to an interview with himself? Maybe that would do it?
  • afx237vi
    Maybe point out that he reminds you a bit of Sarah Palin.
  • iainf72
    afx237vi wrote:
    Maybe point out that he reminds you a bit of Sarah Palin.

Well, I was thinking of a cycling report interview.
  • afx237vi
    Oh right, well, it's worth a try. All the cool kids have been blocked :wink:
  • don key
    I'm all fur Lance now, it makes such a difference, I'm like , nearly nice to everyone but not quite. Where can I sign up as The Lance Leer in Bardicus on Avon.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    I love Lance
  • don key
    "My investments are Igor Anton at 1000/1 and Efimkin at about 500/1 for the overall.
    I think Lance Armstrong's Tour de France career ends tomorrow. My guess is the mountains will be too much for him."

How dare they print such, such true stories without even a thank you to the obviousness of it all. Apparently its a fiver on each mountain and he's strapped.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    Kléber wrote:
    Only joking :lol::wink:

The whole point of a forum is to have free debate, not to shoehorn any particular subject. .

If that were true none of the threads would have titles :wink:
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Remind me again which one is Armstrong, the little Spanish guy, or the moody dog obsessed Aussie, I always confuse them.
    8)