Lance and Andreu

donrhummy
donrhummy Posts: 2,329
edited July 2009 in Pro race
I don't know if it's only on the U.S. TDF feed but after almost every stage they interview Lance. Not surprising. But what is surprising (actually I was shocked the first time) is that Frankie Andreu does the interview. I thought it was Versus either not knowing anything about cycling history or trying to create controversy....

Imagine my surprise at reading this:
In what seems to be part of Armstrong’s goodwill Tour de France, the seven-time champion specifically asked to have Andreu, a Versus commentator, assigned the network’s Astana detail at this year’s race...

“I got a phone call Saturday morning that I’m on the Astana detail and in charge of interviewing Lance and the rest of the team,” Andreu said. “I was definitely surprised and shocked by it. They told me Astana had called over and requested it. I didn’t understand why or what was going on, but Versus said to go over and do it.”
“I don’t know why Lance wanted me to do the interviews,” Andreu said. “I’m here covering the Tour de France, and I’m fine with covering Astana and Lance. None of it made sense to me, but he’s been very cooperative, walking over, talking with me. So far, no problems.”

http://tour-de-france.velonews.com/arti ... king-terms

Comments

• markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    its part of his butter wouldnt melt PR onslaught, hes making up with everyone, soon we'll see a picture of him holding babies touching arms as he shakes hands. Its all part of the run up to Lone Star politics

BUT we know you; lance the evil one. We know you have sold your soul and the devil will take his dues MOOO HA HA HA
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    its part of his butter wouldnt melt PR onslaught, hes making up with everyone, soon we'll see a picture of him holding babies touching arms as he shakes hands. Its all part of the run up to Lone Star politics

BUT we know you; lance the evil one. We know you have sold your soul and the devil will take his dues MOOO HA HA HA
  • procarbon
    procarbon Posts: 62
    donrhummy wrote:
    I don't know if it's only on the U.S. TDF feed but after almost every stage they interview Lance. Not surprising. But what is surprising (actually I was shocked the first time) is that Frankie Andreu does the interview. I thought it was Versus either not knowing anything about cycling history or trying to create controversy....

Imagine my surprise at reading this:
    In what seems to be part of Armstrong’s goodwill Tour de France, the seven-time champion specifically asked to have Andreu, a Versus commentator, assigned the network’s Astana detail at this year’s race...

“I got a phone call Saturday morning that I’m on the Astana detail and in charge of interviewing Lance and the rest of the team,” Andreu said. “I was definitely surprised and shocked by it. They told me Astana had called over and requested it. I didn’t understand why or what was going on, but Versus said to go over and do it.”
    “I don’t know why Lance wanted me to do the interviews,” Andreu said. “I’m here covering the Tour de France, and I’m fine with covering Astana and Lance. None of it made sense to me, but he’s been very cooperative, walking over, talking with me. So far, no problems.”

http://tour-de-france.velonews.com/arti ... king-terms

It all gets a bit fishy???
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    markwalker wrote:
    MOOO HA HA HA

Skeletor or the Laughing Cow? :wink:
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    I've got to say, Frankie does have some hair, doesn't he?
    FWIW I try not to hold grudges forever. Doesn't do either party any good and that's a fact.
    If people have had problems in the past, well, it's the future now and, for me anyway,
    I'd rather have a friend than an enemy. Sort of like the line in a song "I ain't hiding from nobody, nobody's hiding from me(and that's the way it's supposed to be)".
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Never heard the phrase "keep your friends close, your enemies closer"?
  • dennisn
    afx237vi wrote:

Yes, but not sure why I'd want to keep enemy's in my life. Much better, at least for me,
    to admit that, yes, for whatever reason, we don't seem to be all that "compatible",
    but why keep banging our heads together? Who are we, politicians ? :wink:
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    dennisn wrote:
    I've got to say, Frankie does have some hair, doesn't he?
    FWIW I try not to hold grudges forever. Doesn't do either party any good and that's a fact.
    If people have had problems in the past, well, it's the future now and, for me anyway,
    I'd rather have a friend than an enemy. Sort of like the line in a song "I ain't hiding from nobody, nobody's hiding from me(and that's the way it's supposed to be)".

There is no such thing as a fact, interpretation yes, fact , no.

I judge that you have more grudge driven chiphumps than moist people, deep fry why don't you.
  • afx237vi
    dennisn wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Yes, but not sure why I'd want to keep enemy's in my life. Much better, at least for me,
    to admit that, yes, for whatever reason, we don't seem to be all that "compatible",

I wasn't talking about you Dennis. We're not politicians, no, but Lance? He knows how to play the game. It's all PR spin where he's concerned.
  • dennisn
    afx237vi wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

I wasn't talking about you Dennis. We're not politicians, no, but Lance? He knows how to play the game. It's all PR spin where he's concerned.

Still, I don't think there are a whole lot of people who want things festering for years
    or having to look over their shoulder 24-7-365, including Lance. We do get a bit wiser with age(I think).
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    afx237vi wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

I don't buy that. If that were the case, then why didn't he do that in 2004? 2005? And while he was retired, why not "keep that enemy close" in 2006/7/8? Sorry, but your argument doesn't fit the evidence. I have no idea if he's doing this for PR or not but it's certainly something he's never thought of doing for PR before.
  • don key
    dennisn wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Still, I don't think there are a whole lot of people who want things festering for years
    or having to look over their shoulder 24-7-365, including Lance. We do get a bit wiser with age(I think).

It's good to see you learning and just thinking rather than nonf acting again.
  • afx237vi
    dennisn wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Well I'm with you on not seeing the point of bearing a grudge, but we're not all the same. Who knows what Lance thinks? We know he's a man who has had grudges in the past - like the photographs of journalists he dislikes in the team bus.

Do we really think he's suddenly had a change of heart about the Andreu's? Will Frankie and Betsy be getting an invite for Christmas dinner in Texas? Somehow I doubt it.
  • afx237vi
    donrhummy wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

I don't buy that. If that were the case, then why didn't he do that in 2004? 2005? And while he was retired, why not "keep that enemy close" in 2006/7/8? Sorry, but your argument doesn't fit the evidence. I have no idea if he's doing this for PR or not but it's certainly something he's never thought of doing for PR before.

I don't know the reasons, I just don't buy the idea that Lance suddenly had a change of heart and decided to make nice with Frankie. What next? Exclusive interview granted to Kimmage?
  • dennisn
    afx237vi wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

I don't know the reasons, I just don't buy the idea that Lance suddenly had a change of heart and decided to make nice with Frankie. What next? Exclusive interview granted to Kimmage?

Stranger things have happened. Keeping the enemy close or change of heart? Both
    are within the realm of human emotion. Waiting to destroy them later or getting tired of the games? If it were me, I'd be tired of the games really quickly. Way too distracting.
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    don key wrote:
    That's your interpretation ... :D

Facts are what is the case. Ask Wittgenstein. Although he's dead so you can't.

Oops, wrong forum. Carry on .......
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • finchy
    don key wrote:

I judge that you have more grudge driven chiphumps than moist people, deep fry why don't you.

Yes there are such things as facts. Whether humans (can) interpret them correctly is another question entirely.

And the second sentence... er, what does that mean, exactly?
  • don key
    johnfinch wrote:
    don key wrote:

Yes there are such things as facts. Whether humans (can) interpret them correctly is another question entirely.

And the second sentence... er, what does that mean, exactly?

As facts stand, no, there aren't any. You may believe otherwise but that could be construed as missing out on the f**&s.

The second sentence is equally non fact based. So feel free to make up a few.
  • liversedge
    Of course there are facts.

How far above sea-level is the summit of Mt Everest?
    What is the speed of light in meters per second?
    What is 10+5 in base 10 ?
    Who was the Prime Minister of Britain in 1878 ?

--
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • finchy
    liversedge - Watch out, you may soon be given a post-modernist brainwashing,
  • liversedge
    johnfinch wrote:
    bring it on ...

I love a good argument.
    --
  • don key
    liversedge wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    bring it on ...

I love a good argument.

In proving my point I would have to,well, state a few facts.

It is hard to explain but simply, you are sure of something, then it turns out that your brain, a couple of pints of water, has been washed by same said water, in other words it has convinced itself that piss, being mellow, would be barred from entering the sacred dome. A decent alcoholic would have drunk the contents of your mind while I slowly type these words, he would be pissed out of his mind in a bout an hour from overload. I can't do good arguments today but i know my $$$$$ on this subject but can't quote them, my hans are Thaied.
  • liversedge
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

On second thoughts, lets stick to cycling.
    --
  • don key
    liversedge wrote:
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

On second thoughts, lets stick to cycling.

I got no facts on that either, apparently.