Marzio Bruseghin's TTT

Philip S
Philip S Posts: 398
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Assuming I identified him correctly from the very few shots we got of Lampre's TTT yesterday (by no means guaranteed, I grant you), I noticed that Bruseghin was using a standard road bike. Anyone have any info on this?

I'm guessing he's carrying an injury from his crashes on stages 1 and 2, so wasn't comfortable on his TT bike. I think he was dropped by the team yesterday as well, which ain't a good sign... Looks like Lampre are going to have another anonymous Tour.

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I saw him crash and get a replacement TT bike, perhaps he wiped out again and ended up with a road bike.
  • Philip S
    Philip S Posts: 398
    It was when they were riding down the start ramp that I noticed it. Maybe it wasn't Bruseghin? It was the rider on our far left when viewed from the front (ie, the riders' right). I was assuming he's been dropped as when the rump of Lampre crossed the line they were all on TT bikes, so maybe he was in that finishing group after all.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,485
    I'm pretty sure he started on a road bike, certainly a Lampre rider did and he had Bruseghin's number on (although this was taken from the Eurosport caption).
  • AO1504
    AO1504 Posts: 57
    There definately was one rider who stared on a road bike.