Astana Lance kit fines?

sonny73
sonny73 Posts: 2,203
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Sorry if this has already been asked elsewhere (couldn't see a thread related) but are Astana getting any b**lockings or fines for the different coloured bikes and helmets that Lance is wearing compared to the others in the team, I didn’t think that sort of thing was allowed?

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    He's wearing the right jersey and shorts and that's all that matters.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960

+1 - as long as you wear the right kit - you can have any colour bike/wheels/equipment/helmet/sunglasses you want.

He'd get fined if he started wearing his Livestrong jersey and shorts during stages.

(And for the eagle-eyed out there - his jersey is actually slightly different than the rest of the team. He gets to wear World Champion stripes on the collar and sleeves as a former World Champ).
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203

I see, I thought it went for the helmets and bikes too. You learn something new everyday eh :D
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    The sleeves on Lance's jersey's are very different to those of his team-mates though, at least they were at the presentation in Monaco.
  • AO1504
    AO1504 Posts: 57
    Eau Rouge wrote:
    The sleeves on Lance's jersey's are very different to those of his team-mates though, at least they were at the presentation in Monaco.

They did look different at the presentation but they have all looked the same during the stages.
  • Peacenik
    Peacenik Posts: 292
    edited July 2009
    He had a Livestrong helmet on during yesterday's TTT.
    FCN - 3 (hairy-legged roadie)
    FCN - 6 (single speed)

http://adventuresontwowheels.blogspot.com/
  • mhuk
    mhuk Posts: 327
    During the TV commentatry they said he had approval from the organisers to wear Livestrong colours e.g. black socks, black/ yellow helmet, slightly different colour team shirt.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I doubt the organisers were involved in the decision about his socks, there is no rule.

Jerseys bring publicity but they need to be identifiable to riders and spectators alike. When a team turns up in new kit it can generate a lot of attention, sometimes it can be worth more than the small fines the UCI dishes out. Cipollini and his entourage exploited this very well.

cipo-caesar.jpg