Cancellara in yellow

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited July 2009 in Pro race
With both FC and LA on equal times how is it decided that FC retains the yellow jersey?

Thanks.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    They went back to the stage 1 result - Cancellara beat Armstrong by 0:00:40.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    He's beating Lance by 0.22 seconds in overall time. (they only use partial seconds if everything else is equal. And anyone correct me if I'm wrong but I think if that had also been a tie, then Fabian's stage win would put him in yellow)
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,778
    I think if it's till a tie then it goes down to placing all the way through, so if FC had finshed ahead of LA on each stage he would have yellow.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    edited July 2009
    donrhummy wrote:
    He's beating Lance by 0.22 seconds in overall time. (they only use partial seconds if everything else is equal. And anyone correct me if I'm wrong but I think if that had also been a tie, then Fabian's stage win would put him in yellow)
    Wouldn't they tie on stage wins, as Astana (and therefore Lance) won the TTT yesterday?
  • graeme_s-2
    I think if it's till a tie then it goes down to placing all the way through, so if FC had finshed ahead of LA on each stage he would have yellow.
    It would be highly unusual (although not impossible) for them to be tied down to a hundredth of a second.
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    it's the fractions of a second from the prologue.

i have no idea why fractions of a second from the TTT aren't relevant, but according to the race director wielding a rule book on france2 after the race yesterday, it's fractions from the prologue and nothing else that made the difference.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Ironically - it was Lance that sat up early yesterday before crossing the finish line (as man 5). If he had pushed it across the line, he might be in yellow!
  • graeme_s-2
    Pokerface wrote:
    Ironically - it was Lance that sat up early yesterday before crossing the finish line (as man 5). If he had pushed it across the line, he might be in yellow!

He would have needed to cross the line a full second faster (or enough to be rounded down to a full second), as the fractions they counted were apparently only from the prologue on Saturday, not from the TTT yesterday.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    It's a French conspiracy. They hate him, you know.