Mekon and Tin Tin's b samples also positive

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    Khaleej Times Online? I think this beats the Industani Times. :shock:

The source is actually much more of a shocker than the news.
  • andrew_s
    andrew_s Posts: 2,511
    The question of interest is whether the Mekon cops a life ban for two offences (Tour and Olympics), or whether he gets away with two years for a first offence because he hadn't been notified of the Tour offence before being tested at the Olympics.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,485
    That would assume this is the Mekon's first infringement. It isn't. He'll get a long ban.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    drenkrom wrote:
    Khaleej Times Online? I think this beats the Industani Times. :shock:

The source is actually much more of a shocker than the news.

You can stick to your pitiful western cycling media. The papers from Asia is where it's at.

:wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andrew_s
    andrew_s Posts: 2,511
    andyp wrote:
    That would assume this is the Mekon's first infringement. It isn't. He'll get a long ban.
    The point is that the Tour samples, for which he's currently serving (and fighting) a 2-year ban, weren't tested until after the Olympics. I believe there's a rule that a second test can't be considered a second positive unless it's after the rider was notified of the first positive.

Regardless of what the UCI or WADA may wish, any sanctions would ultimately need to be justifiable in the civil courts. Do you think the police would be able to get away with setting up 4 speed cameras on a single stretch of road, assigning 4 sets of penalty points, and banning the driver?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    He also copped a ban for amphetamines in the past.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,485
    The amphetamine ban is the one I'm referring to, not the Tour and Olympic double jeopardy problem.