Juan Pelota

pat1cp
pat1cp Posts: 766
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Did anyone see that on "Planet Armstrong" the other night. It's LA's alias, been using it to check into hotels etc.. and Nike stich onto his socks.

Pelota is ball in Spanish. Tounge in cheek translation to "One Ball".

I'm not LA's biggest fan, can take him or leave him really but thought it showed that he's at least got a bit of a sense of humour, and is a little self deprecating.

Or have I got him all wrong.......?? :oops:

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    That's true, it's a good moment of self-deprecation.

Although the same nickname is his email address, it was apparently jp@livestrong.com. But his address leaked out and he lost a touch of that self-depreciation:

http://www.livestrong.com/lance-armstro ... tter/5347/
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Have you seen the socks - they're labelled L Juan and R Pelota - he might be self deprecating but even my 3 year old lad knows his left from his right and his forename from his surname!
  • AO1504
    AO1504 Posts: 57
    micron wrote:
    Have you seen the socks - they're labelled L Juan and R Pelota - he might be self deprecating but even my 3 year old lad knows his left from his right and his forename from his surname!

You do get socks that are specifically designed to be worn on specific feet. I have a number of skiing socks that have the L and R on them and also the Diadora Referee socks that were worn in Serie A and the SPL a couple of seasons ago were designed in a way that had to worn on the relevant foot.
  • micron
    I know that but just how many clues does a grown man need? My kid can put his wellies on the right feet because he knows to look for the shape of the instep - surely this is not beyond the grown ups? :lol:
  • AO1504
    AO1504 Posts: 57
    micron wrote:
    I know that but just how many clues does a grown man need? My kid can put his wellies on the right feet because he knows to look for the shape of the instep - surely this is not beyond the grown ups? :lol:

To look at the socks it is difficult to identify which one is designed for the left and which one is for the right. Its only when you are wearing them that you may notice the difference. So why go through the hassle of putting them wondering if they feel correct. The L and R is there so you don't have to go through all that hassle.

I think you'll find that range of Nike socks will all have the L & R (just minus the Juan Pelota) - Your hatred of one man is quite pitiful.
  • micron
    Hatred of one man - or pride in the fact that my son can tell left from right? Some people will read their own agenda into anything :roll:
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,485
    AO1504 wrote:
    I think you'll find that range of Nike socks will all have the L & R (just minus the Juan Pelota) - Your hatred of one man is quite pitiful.
    Your complete lack of humour is quite laughable. :lol:
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    left Juan (left one)

arf
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight