Power Yoga

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
Hey All

I'm going to my 1st class of power yoga tonight and was wondering if anyone else has done this at all? And if so has it helped with your bike skills?

Have a good one today people :)

G

Comments

• blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    I touched on it a good few years back, provided you've got the basic passive yoga basics you should get the maximum out of it, you might struggle if you're starting out from scratch because you won't be hitting the postures correctly - but as usual only time and practice gets you to a decent level - which is where i fell down (I kept dipping in and out instead of 'practising' every day, then phased out of it). I've just started back up again as part of my training regime and I can think of nothing better than yoga to do on your rest days, passive or dynamic.

At first, yoga is subtle and cumulative (eg, you won't necessarily see benefits after 3 months) and helps with all aspects of your mental and physical health, depending on how far you get into it will determine how much you bring it into your everyday life, mountain biking for example, you'd benefit from being more fluid and supple with increased focus and concentration, better breathing techniques, calmer (better decision making). However, you need to stick to it to get, or notice, any of the above.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    How did the first class go anyway? :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    How did the first class go anyway? :D

hi there,,, 1st thanks for your comments.

It was a little strange, quite sweaty to be honest.. am not sure about it really, that may be because it wasn't at a yoga centre but at a gym in the exercise hall. only one class per week and it's at 830pm till 930pm so sleeping after that was an issue.

will give it another go next week, but I really should look for a Yoga centre in town.

peace

G