Long sleeve gear?

alomac
alomac Posts: 189
edited July 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi all,

I finally got myself a bike (a Trek 6300) and have been hitting some of the local Swedish trails. So far it's been brilliant, but I have a question about clothing.

I know the 'standard' MTB gear is a pair of baggies and a short-sleeve t-shirt or jersey, but some of the trails here are so narrow and choked by long grass and the shrubbery that it's impossible to avoid having the greenery scrape and smack into you as you go along. Not only is it scratching me up a little, but it can also house ticks and nettles. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some long-sleeve gear to help protect myself.
My only wishlist is for something that still relatively cool to wear (temperature wise) or that can be rolled up easily, and tough enough not to get ripped to bits. I'd have a strong preference for something that's NOT skintight, though.

Cheers,
Adam.

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    I'm not a fan of SS shirts for the same reasons. Have a look on Chain Reaction. The Oakley Trail and Royal Argyle are pretty good, as is the Endura MT500 3/4 sleeve.
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    I just got a cheap football type shirt with long sleeves - the material does the same job as a more expensive "cycle-specific" shirt.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • BoboGib
    BoboGib Posts: 73
    I tend to ride in running tops, have a baggy Nike long sleeve top that I tend to ride in, very cool but seems to be very tear resistant. All the other major sprots companies do them to, might be worth looking in the local sports shops around sale time.
    exercise.png