Tingle in the feet

andyonwight
andyonwight Posts: 72
I am using a pair of Specialized Taho MTB shoes with some flats that came with the bike I am using (Saracen Element 2). Whilst out yesterday and a couple of rides before I have noticed that I get a tingling sensation on the ball of the foot which passes if I stop for a few minutes or so.

Is it just a case of geting used to them?
Weight on June 18th 129kg
Target By June 15th 2013 - 100kg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weight July 1st - 127.3kg

Comments

• GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    How long does it take for it to set in?

Could you try riding in a pair of trainers to see if you get the same problem? That way you can probably say whether it's the footwear that's the problem or not.
  • Tank-slapper
    Tank-slapper Posts: 968
    Sounds like they are too tight, cutting off blood flow. Try undoing them or buying a larger pair.
  • Cheers for the answers
    They are a size 47 (I have big feet) and they are slighty to big. It usually takes around an hour or so before I feel it. Goes away when I am off the bike for a couple of minutes.

Does do same goes if I wear trainers but that takes about 45 minutes. I have got a feeling that its just me getting used to wearing the shoes for longer as before getting this bike I would only cycle for about 20minutes before stopping for a rest and a drink. With a water bottle on the frame I tend to go for longer before stopping.
    Weight on June 18th 129kg
    Target By June 15th 2013 - 100kg
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Weight July 1st - 127.3kg
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    Have a look at spec insoles, i used to get tingly on the ball of my foot all the time along with my foot going numb/cold and it wasn't through it being too tight.

I put it down to lack of proper arch support, which the new insoles gave me in spades, you need to find a specialized fit centre that does them but for £25 they're well worth it.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • Thermo1
    Thermo1 Posts: 75
    I had similar problems with my BG Taho shoes. I put it down to them being a tad too small.