Patrice Clerc interview

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Worth running through a translation tool if you can't speak French.

http://www.lemonde.fr/sports/article/20 ... -32280229-[NL_Titresdujour]-20090703-[zonea]

His observation about "American attitudes" is interesting and I remember reading a similar article during the American elections last year where someone pointed out changing your mind (for instance, on Iraq based on new evidence) is considered "flip flopping" and you'll get killed politically.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Interesting interview. On "American attitudes", his point is that it's not the crime but the cover-up that can be fatal, something many a British MP discovered when they tried to justify their past expense claims.

One other point was the final paragraph where he points out that many fans just don't want to know about the doping. That's understandable but Clerc should be reminding people that these rules exist first and foremost to protect an athlete's health.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Hopefully Fignon has done something to open the debate about PEDs and health - as he says, no one knows what will happen to the EPO generation in the future.

Thanks for the link - the section on 'American attitudes' was certainly interesting :wink:
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    micron wrote:
    Hopefully Fignon has done something to open the debate about PEDs and health - as he says, no one knows what will happen to the EPO generation in the future.
    Fignon gave interviews along the lines of "maybe my doping had something to do with my cancer". It'll take a brave journalist to put that point to Armstrong in a press conference.