Trek 3700 or Hardrock Sport?

Foozick
Foozick Posts: 10
edited July 2009 in MTB beginners
hi, which one of these bikes should I go for ?

CHEERS

Comments

• xstrathyx
    xstrathyx Posts: 1,104
    well i got the trek 3900 and i am happy with it. have to say i am probably going to upgrade in the autumn though. treks are a good start in my book
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Have you ridden or sat on either yet?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Foozick
    I have ridden the trek 3700, the specialized seems to have slightly better components.
  • MuddyTom
    MuddyTom Posts: 15
    It all depends on what your using the bike for and what your own opinion is. I personally prefer the look of the Hardrock and will be looking at it myself when I come to purchase a bike however I am not ruling out Trek's. The best thing to do is try reading some reviews. Have a look at some of the ones on here and on the other review sites on the net and just pop to your local bike shop and ask the guys there. Then it all depends on which bike you think is the better bike. Good luck :D

Tom
    New Bike Fund - £55 =I
  • Foozick
    good advice. Have got the hardrock, it does look nicer, it has adjustable suspension forks unlike the 3700 aswell. Lovely smooth ride, id get it over the TREK defo.
  • MuddyTom
    MuddyTom Posts: 15
    I'm steering towards a Felt Q200 now as well, but I have a bit of time to think about my purchase so will be doing a lot of research before I get the bike. Glad your having fun with yours. Will have to look into the Hardrocks a bit more.

Tom
    New Bike Fund - £55 =I