ATTENTION All Wharncliff Riders

coynie1
coynie1 Posts: 6
edited July 2009 in MTB rides
Hi wharncliff riders i hav lived in sheffield for a year and have been ridin up at youre lovely wharncliff for 2/3 days a week. And hav managed to make a nice loop around starting from the bottom at oughterbridge. I am not sure how many miles around it is but on my own goin flatout i can do it about 1hr 30 mins maybe less. It involves riding the steep climb on and off the fire road up to greno carpark and over the road over the fence then up the short climb tho the crossover paths.Then down the single track downhill section with the little log jump near the end wich is a nice warm up cus you can get some good speed up and thers plenty of rocks to hit/miss.Then take the fire road down past the bomb holes and peatys drop you can play about on these if you wish there good fun but dont snap ur frame like i did oops.Then take the steep rocky path/climb this is a good tech climb that is quite difficult and a good climb to get ur hart beatin.Once you get to the top turn right and keep climbin till you see a cap in the trees and sum single track vith a burm down it. I think people call this the dogs bollocks downhill section but not sure, its a good fast section than can get stupidley fast in the dry with a few little log jumps and sum nice rocky bits and it takes you to peatys drop at the bottom.Anyway thats just the start of it and thers plenty more xc/single track and dowhill sections left on the way back .So if there is anybody who would like to ride this trail with me and a few more i know get in touch. And if any body else knows of any orther trails ther and would like to share or ride them with me please let me know.

Comments

• mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    Sounds cracking mate.

I regularly ride Thurgoland Tunnel and up through the woods.

Will try and do the loop. When do you ride?

I'm mainly XC and non of that savage air stuff that they do!!!
  • coynie1
    :D thurgoland tunnel not sure were that is ? i ride when i feel like it usually every 2/3 days so can meet up when ever really wednesday night is allways a good one mid week and all that .Ive been up there tonight we need some rainfree and red hot days to dry the xc track at greno but the orther side isnt do bad still good fun tho on either side :P
  • mingmong
    coynie1 wrote:
    :D thurgoland tunnel not sure were that is ? i ride when i feel like it usually every 2/3 days so can meet up when ever really wednesday night is allways a good one mid week and all that .Ive been up there tonight we need some rainfree and red hot days to dry the xc track at greno but the orther side isnt do bad still good fun tho on either side :P

I was upt there last night :D

Saw two guys on the top (i'd just climbed up, so was covered in sweat) getting ready for the ascent. There was also a guy that went through the tunnel at 8.10pm, he was on a Genius and I couldn't keep up with him :oops:
  • coynie1
    i was there about same time ive got a ransom ile be up there monday if ur intrested
  • mingmong
    coynie1 wrote:
    i was there about same time ive got a ransom ile be up there monday if ur intrested

Sorry Coynie1. Pool night on Monday.