TDF live video streaming

Des Fourie
Des Fourie Posts: 15
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Where would the best sites be to watch the tour live?

Having attempted to follow the "contre le montre - individuel" at Monaco I have found most sites blocked or restricted. Only france2.fr has any meaningful information while sbs has a live view about the size of a postage stamp

Steephill.tv seems to offer the most. Cyclingfans offers dubious access through an american set up called live-sports-world which is more than willing to take one's money but without offering anything definite in return

Comments

• Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    your best bet is the eurosport player - its only a few quid and you know your not going to get ripped off or anything
    cartoon.jpg
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Des Fourie wrote:

Having attempted to follow the "contre le montre - individuel" at Monaco I have found most sites blocked or restricted. Only france2.fr has any meaningful information while sbs has a live view about the size of a postage stamp

Steephill.tv seems to offer the most. Cyclingfans offers dubious access through an american set up called live-sports-world which is more than willing to take one's money but without offering anything definite in return

If you're stuck today - feed here - South African/Australian commentators.

http://www.justin.tv/oleolep2p
  • kinesin
    kinesin Posts: 100
    Cyclingfans linked yesterday to SBS' Australian coverage which was great as Phill L and Paul S were on the coverage, however it's been geo-ip locked today :cry: and I'm yet to find a working au proxy that allows the stream to work.

Regarding the eurosport player: Does it work on Mac OSX?
  • deltadawn
    deltadawn Posts: 168
    Des Fourie wrote:

You're kidding, right???

I stopped using steephill a long time ago because their streams never work!

I've been using Cyclingfans.com streams for 2 years and never heard of this live-sports-world... and never once was asked to pay a penny! You obviously have NO idea what you're talking about!
  • Des Fourie
    Des Fourie Posts: 15
    Thanks Mettan - Supersport - Great link!
  • jos2thehua
    jos2thehua Posts: 76
    deltadawn wrote:
    Des Fourie wrote:

You're kidding, right???

Meh, I wouldn't be so hard. Steephill found me a stream these last two days of the tour. I think I'll stick with it at the moment...

I've been using Cyclingfans.com streams for 2 years and never heard of this live-sports-world... and never once was asked to pay a penny! You obviously have NO idea what you're talking about!
  • deltadawn
    deltadawn Posts: 168
    jjos2thehua,

You misquoted me! What "I" said was the following:
    deltadawn wrote:
    You're kidding, right???

I did NOT say I'd found streams that work at steep hill… quite the contrary!

I've been watching the Tour de France, the Giro, the Dauphine and several other cycling races this year and last year at Cyclingfans.com

Dawn
  • sandbag
    sandbag Posts: 429
    ITV4 got the best commentators but they have adverts every 5 mins it feels.
    direct link [url=mms://itvbrdbnd-itv4.wm.llnwd.net/itvbrdbnd_itv4?e=1236419373&h=f509e0a5853e48cc%20a0123df3553643c9]mms://itvbrdbnd-itv4.wm.llnwd.net/itvbr ... f3553643c9[/url]

Eurosport £3.99 a month best video quality and longer coverage

other video feeds.
    http://www.versus.com/tourdefrancelive
    http://tdf.sbs.com.au/tdf2009/web/flash/index.html