Looking for training partners in St Albans

mcskiver
mcskiver Posts: 26
Hi,

I'm just getting into road biking, and would like to meet up with others for road rides in the St Albans area.

I'm mainly on the local roads at the weekend, but would consider early morning rides if there's anyone around!

Cheers

Lee

Comments

• Lee,

You could try a few test rides with Verulam CC. Web site is http://www.verulamcc.org.uk. This covers Sunday rides etc and it is a very friendly club. Caters for fast and slow riders alike. PM me if you want more details, Harry.
  • mcmullej
    mcmullej Posts: 136
    Hi Lee.

There's a sort of informal club attached to the Jolly Sailor pub on Sandridge Road.

I've been going along on a Thursday night for the last few weeks. It's been a lot of fun.

We leave from outside the pub at 18:30ish every Thurs during summer. There's a fairly broad range of abilities / interests. Rides usually take between 2 to 3 hours across a vaguely consistent route towards Lilley / Hexton.

Just come along on Thurs.
  • mcskiver
    mcskiver Posts: 26
    Thanks guys.

I have checked out Verulam, but as my wife's just had our first baby I don't want to go out for longer than necessary, and it looks like their rides are at least 4 hrs+ ?

I might give it a try if I get the time though, would like to join a club. May also try that Thursday night option, assuming i'm not too slow....

Thanks for the info guys!