Charity ride near stratford upon avon

blakef111
blakef111 Posts: 374
edited July 2009 in MTB rides
hey all just spreading the word about a charity ride for lukemia research on sunday the 12th july, 9:30 at packwood house, lapworth choice of 10, 17 and 28 miles.

more info see this http://www.bikeathonbritain.co.uk/en/1/ ... idsol.html

Comments

• trekhead
    trekhead Posts: 626
    excellent, just stumbled on this. Think a couple of us will do this on Sunday.
    cheers
    ole ginger b*ll*cks / the ginger ninja
  • blakef111
    yeah throw some slicks on and you'll be fine, i managed the 28mile course on my 15.6kg, 130mm travel hardtail last year in 2h 05 so slicks i would recommend,

btw i'l be there on the dot at 9:30 on my -looks ashamed- roadie so look out for me because it'l be nice to say hello, btw the roady is red and white and my kit is black
  • Rich101
    Rich101 Posts: 30
    I live about 1 mile from packwood. Might well turn up on the day, i noticed all the yellow route signs up on my evening rides and wondered why someone had marked my route out for me :)
  • blakef111
    good fun that was, anybody take it too seriously like i did? what sort of times did you clock in?
  • sunking13
    sunking13 Posts: 8
    Did the same 28 mile ride last year in glorious sunshine, but this year got absolutely drenched - good job it was for charity! Registered at 10:15, signed back in at Packwood at 11:44 (including a 5 minute stop under a tree between Claverdon and Langley when I couldn't actually see the road ahead for the rain).

Was anyone planning on doing the 100km Forest of Arden ride for Action Medical Research on Aug 9th? Did this last year- good fun and a great route but sadly they've just announced its cancellation due to a shortage of entries and volunteer marshals.
  • blakef111
    never heard of the forest of arden route, any more details? i work in a bike shop so volunteers should be easy to find
  • sunking13
    sunking13 Posts: 8
    This is the link to the (cancelled) ride details: http://www.action.org.uk/get_involved/f ... arden_2009

I think part of the problem behind the low entries is that last year there were 35 mile, 65 mile and 100 mile options, whilst this year the options were reduced to just the two longer rides, probably putting off a lot of leisure riders.

This is (was) definitely one for the slicks or road bike.