Dan Martin out of Tour

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Tendonitis.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Martijn Maaskant will replace Dan Martin.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Not a stomach bug?

Tranquilo?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • intothe12
    intothe12 Posts: 190
    Dan Martin out of Tour due to knee injury..his uncle Stephen Roche has said that he's had a problem for a while

RT @Vaughters: Tough call today. We're having to send Dan Martin home, as his tendonitis just didn't clear up. Hopefully he'll rock the Vuelta
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    NB the above from me is a touch of devils advocate.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    NB the above from me is a touch of devils advocate.

If he had a tranquilo stomach bug they wouldn't be bigging him up for the Vuelta.
  • Vino2007
    Vino2007 Posts: 340
    this is a real shame, i was really looking forward to see how he faired in the mountains.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Didnt someone put forward the idea that he now be subjected to rigorous dope testing for a period of time becuase of his late withdrawal ? Just trying to recall who it was................
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    A real shame for Martin, he was challenging Valverde in the Tour of Catalonia.
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    Like disgruntledgoat, I find it slightly ironic how in one thread, we say that anyone unlisted from the Tour now is a "de facto doper, no positive test needed", and in this thread we lament the unlisting of a rider with a "poor ol' chap". Of course, like most people here, I really like Dan Martin. I don't find him suspicious in the slightest, but history has shown us how little that means. What if I told you Mick Rogers has a bit of a knee problem, this week?

It's right to play Devil's advocate, because sometimes the Devil is right. No one flinched at the Dekker news, but we'd have our legs cut off by the same news for a guy like Dan Martin. Goes to show our crushing deception with some doping cases is based on our beliefs regarding that rider, not a particular "betrayal" by the rider.

I'm playing Devil's advocate, too. I love Dan Martin. Just to be clear...
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    Hello
    Im the devil and i need no Advocate.

Test him now. NOW I SAY moooo ha ha ha (strokes chin and flicks forked tail)
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    markwalker wrote:
    Hello
    Im the devil and i need no Advocate.

Test him now. NOW I SAY moooo ha ha ha (strokes chin and flicks forked tail)
    mooooo ha ha ha indeed :-) hehehhe
    3625965057_d6b54f6f06_b.jpg
    www.dotcycling.com
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    Oh... the doll takes that picture from funny to creepy. :shock:
  • markwalker
    drenkrom wrote:
    Oh... the doll takes that picture from funny to creepy. :shock:

+1 thats a little Fritzel
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    God knows what you'd find if you tested Didi.
  • markwalker
    afx237vi wrote:
    God knows what you'd find if you tested Didi.

evidence of real ale i suspect
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,043
    Devil Didi is in serious trouble if that's Vino's 'baby' :twisted:
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    I asked him the name of the baby and he said it is "Boris Becker" hahah . I met him at the Tour de Suisse and he has a new contraption that he rides through the finish line.. The baby sits in a cradle at the front ... Its hilarious ....
    www.dotcycling.com