DynEPO....and the winner is......Michael Rasmussen!

blazing_saddles
blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Probably the best result that Rabo could hope for, IF this is the end....for now.
http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/tourd ... epo__.html

Not exactly a surprise, given what we know from history.
"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Comments

• Looks like Rabobank might still be around then. As you say, this is a storm that has already blown itself out once.
  • blazing_saddles
    Hey, and once again it's old news, 2007 so nothing to see, move along time.
    For Moray the link he may have missed:-
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/editions/lat ... er-28-2007

Time to sit up and take Bernie and Jorg a bit more seriously, since it's now, all about the timing.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    It's got to be worrying for the team.

Menchov was with the Chicken a few years ago in Mexico, I mean Italy.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • diarmuid
    diarmuid Posts: 73
    any chance of a two line synopsis for those of us who don't speak Dutch?
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    diarmuid wrote:

Chicken.

Superfked.

Strava is not Zen.
  • blazing_saddles
    diarmuid wrote:

No, sorry. :oops:
    Ironically, the best info still comes from 2007.
    This archieve is pretty clear:-
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Rasmus ... 68303.html
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    johnfinch wrote:

Yes it can be comically incorrect at times, but it still does a pretty good job :lol:
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Seems that because the result was at Rabo but Dekker's now at Lotto (well, was...) both teams are playing hot potatoe with the positive, each saying its the others' problem.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    calvjones wrote:
    diarmuid wrote:

Chicken.

Superfked.

Chicken

Soup
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Hey, and once again it's old news, 2007 so nothing to see, move along time.
    For Moray the link he may have missed:-
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/editions/lat ... er-28-2007

Time to sit up and take Bernie and Jorg a bit more seriously, since it's now, all about the timing.

Yep old news Ras is busted flush and has been for two years ..........move along people there is nothing to see here.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    iainf72 wrote:

So what does that make him guilty of then ?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Yep old news Ras is busted flush and has been for two years ..........move along people there is nothing to see here.
    It's actually important. There's a chance to get at the truth here, rather than just banning Rasmussen for technicalities of missing doping controls and telling porkies about his whereabouts. I know you like to play Devil's Advocate on here but surely you want a cleaner sport MG?
  • moray_gub
    Kléber wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    It's actually important. There's a chance to get at the truth here, rather than just banning Rasmussen for technicalities of missing doping controls and telling porkies about his whereabouts. I know you like to play Devil's Advocate on here but surely you want a cleaner sport MG?

Devils advocate ? I have an opinion and i like to express it but that makes me no different from you or others .Anyway now we have that out fo the road of course i like a cleaner sport but dragging up this isnt going to bring anything new to the table. We all know he failed a test in 2007 all this is going to do is fling around wild specualtion about other Rabo riders i mean we already have a thread with posters saying who they think is going to be the next positive.........how is that doing anyone any good ?
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Devils advocate ? I have an opinion and i like to express it but that makes me no different from you or others .Anyway now we have that out fo the road of course i like a cleaner sport but dragging up this isnt going to bring anything new to the table. We all know he failed a test in 2007 all this is going to do is fling around wild specualtion about other Rabo riders i mean we already have a thread with posters saying who they think is going to be the next positive.........how is that doing anyone any good ?

I think we should be able to have votes on who to kick off the forum for a week at a time...the 2007 reheated doping story was one of the dodgiest threads on here in a long time with no current relevance than to satisfy a few of people foaming at the mouth in desire of doping headlines....debate other aspects of the sport too eh.. this forum makes the sport look really horrible and full of drugs
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    Moray Gub wrote:
    all this is going to do is fling around wild specualtion about other Rabo riders i mean we already have a thread with posters saying who they think is going to be the next positive.........how is that doing anyone any good ?

There was speculation about L'Hotellerie for a long time.

It's doing some good to catch people before they can f*ck up the Tour de France for a fourth year running. I am certain that one GC rider will test positive, and I would rather they were taken out before they can do any more damage.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    More to come. "4 to 7"

Test rumoured to be from Tour de Suisse and Romandy.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Anyway now we have that out fo the road of course i like a cleaner sport but dragging up this isnt going to bring anything new to the table. We all know he failed a test in 2007 all this is going to do is fling around wild specualtion about other Rabo riders i mean we already have a thread with posters saying who they think is going to be the next positive.........how is that doing anyone any good ?

Well Rasmussen's ban is about to end and he'll no doubt get picked up by another team. If they can prove this it'll be a separate sanctionable offence and they can impose another long ban effectively ending his career.

And surely that can only be good for the future of the sport?

If they can do the same with the likes of Vinokourov et al I'd warmly applaud it.
  • moray_gub
    Moray Gub wrote:
    all this is going to do is fling around wild specualtion about other Rabo riders i mean we already have a thread with posters saying who they think is going to be the next positive.........how is that doing anyone any good ?

It's doing some good to catch people before they can f*ck up the Tour de France for a fourth year running. I am certain that one GC rider will test positive, and I would rather they were taken out before they can do any more damage.

Obviously but wild specualition isnt going to do that lets have some proof positive, Ras testing positive in 2007 is not that. Another thing what the beef with the TDF there are races which are older and as prestigious as the TDF you know cycling life doesnt begin this year on the 4th July.
  • blazing_saddles
    iainf72 wrote:
    More to come. "4 to 7"

More here:-
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/four-to ... tour-start

Has their forum turned Cyclingnews into the new L'Equipe?
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Moray Gub wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

So what does that make him guilty of then ?

of eh...being on holiday with him
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    iainf72 wrote:
    More to come. "4 to 7"

More here:-
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/four-to ... tour-start

Has their forum turned Cyclingnews into the new L'Equipe?

I liked the "related items" column. "Dekker vows to clear name". I would guess that, like
    anyone accused of something, he is going to make THEM prove their case against HIM.
    It's what I would do. You're accusing me, OK prove it. That attitude could change IF
    he's guilty and has a change of heart, but for now........
  • blazing_saddles
    Has Harmon tested positive?
    Why have Eurosport stuck us with Cretin Kirby for the presentation?
    Choice of French or gibberish.
    Pierre Rolland won the LBL, apparently.

Done on the cheap, too. No heli shots of Monaco, just shoved onto the quayside.
    St Marks it ain't. :(
  • leguape
    leguape Posts: 986
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Obviously but wild specualition isnt going to do that lets have some proof positive, Ras testing positive in 2007 is not that. Another thing what the beef with the TDF there are races which are older and as prestigious as the TDF you know cycling life doesnt begin this year on the 4th July.

Age and prestige some may have, but they don't have audience or importance to a rider's career in the same way as the TDF. There's only three races in the calendar that you will never hear a rider say they are using as preparation for something else: Worlds, TDF and Paris-Roubaix.
  • moray_gub
    leguape wrote:
    [

Age and prestige some may have, but they don't have audience or importance to a rider's career in the same way as the TDF. .

Peter Van Petegem to name but one may disagree with you there
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    Pierre Rolland won the LBL, apparently.
    (

it was quite a ride...he attacked so hard he created a time warp
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    the presentation was cr@p...

small audience of the usual elite of monaco..

Monaco is rubbish..... tax haven for the obscenely tasteless
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Really hope he doesnt get a contract but he probably will, trying to imagine what he would look like in Rock Racing kit.
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.