3 days to Paul & Phil`s Lance Love In.

Gazzetta67
Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Cant you just wait guys for all the one - liners from these 2 donkeys. Pass the sick - cringe bag. there is only ONE rider in this year`s race and he`s on "Team Ego-stana"
they used to be ok, but since their coverage is now being taken on by the dumb yanks - all we will get is the usual transatlantic comments. Thank god for Eurosport. any Sherwin one-liners will be welcome :lol:

"This is a Bike Race Phil" - nah your kidding really !!!!

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Which is why I'll be sticking to Eurosport. I'm sure Duffers and Roche will be toeing the Armstrong party line in the studio, but at least Harmon does play devil's advocate on the odd occasion.
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Come on! Phil's still my favourite cycling commentator. Sure, both ITV4 and Eurosport cameras will focus a little too much on LA but you're stretching the elastic here :P
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Think I'll be sticking to France 2/3 commentary where they talk about what's going on in the race
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    micron wrote:
    Think I'll be sticking to France 2/3 commentary where they talk about what's going on in the race

Where do you get this? It would be awesome to have a different perspective, and I could do with brushing up on my French...
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    micron wrote:

Eurosport for me the best commentary team by a country mile.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    the UK is crying out for a new set of commentators

I thought Jill Douglas and jamie staff did a goood job at the track worlds last yr....
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    If you speak Dutch you're best off with the Flemish Sporza coverage. Easily the best coverage you'll find anywhere. Undoubtedly the best commentary.

You can usually find some internet stream of it somewhere.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • gpw
    gpw Posts: 42
    edited July 2009
    'certainly'

I bet you loose count the amount of times, Sean Kelly says that word in the 1st hour.
    I still think euro is far better than ITV4 tho.
    Don\'t wait for your ship to come in... Swim out to it.
  • zippypablo
    zippypablo Posts: 398
    I think Dave Harmon is very good actually and Sean Kelly can certainly read a race.
    They make a good team
    I grew up with Phil and he's the soundtrack to the TDF from years gone by, a bit like Murray Walker in F1.
    too many Sherwenisms to list but here's one
    TDF 2001 Lance gives Jan the look "if Ullrich had eyes"??????
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • Simon Notley
    Simon Notley Posts: 1,263
    I like the ITV team, I've been watching (or listening) to them ever since I can remember so the tour wouldn't be the same without them, complete with "those pistons that we call 'legs'" and other such commentary gold.

Also I'm scared of Sean Kelly after watching the DVD that came with this year's programme.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Another thumbs up for Paul and Phil love their commentary on ITV. Best was last year watching an online US feed where they didn't realise they were going out live. Some choice language and comments made.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Another thumbs up for Paul and Phil love their commentary on ITV. Best was last year watching an online US feed where they didn't realise they were going out live. Some choice language and comments made.

Aw someone else that takes joy like I do when presenters are caught off guard. It's like a vice for me, I love it when the newsreaders don't know when they're on, makes me laugh so much.
  • cswebbo
    cswebbo Posts: 220
    Paul Sherwen to say "Every Second Counts" on Saturday whilst LA is on course.
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    I like the ITV team, I've been watching (or listening) to them ever since I can remember so the tour wouldn't be the same without them, complete with "those pistons that we call 'legs'" and other such commentary gold.

+1

Sean Kelly reminds me of the "Snake!" guy from the Fast Show.