Cheapest way of watching TDF on Eurosport from a caravan?

cyclingfury
cyclingfury Posts: 676
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Can anyone advise me on what kit I would have to get to watch Eurosport (preferably free!) from a static caravan in the UK? I already subscribe via SKY at home but I always miss a few stages when the missus drags me off to our sited caravan in Norfolk.

Comments

• AO1504
    AO1504 Posts: 57
    Maybe watching online with the Eurosport player would be the best best although would cost about £3 for the month also depends on having an internet connection. Other than that finding a pub that is showing it.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Buy a dish oin ebay (£10), take your sky box & card, connect, bingo.
    Rich
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    Use your existing dish, receiver and viewing card. All you would need is some way to mount the dish.

ps. first result on google http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/
  • cswebbo
    cswebbo Posts: 220
    Eurosport International - Analogue German version is free and usually shows more than British Eurosport. Commentary is English.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    To jump on board here if I were to use a Eurosport player on my laptop in the UK and use my mobile as a modem anyone any idea on the download in mb would be?

I have a fair usage policy with Vodefone for 500mb per month. I'm think I'll hit that pretty quick watching it live.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Haupappauge's "WinTV" may work.
    http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/
    Going to investigate myself, as I work on a mobile bar at weekends.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Gazzaputt wrote:
    To jump on board here if I were to use a Eurosport player on my laptop in the UK and use my mobile as a modem anyone any idea on the download in mb would be?

I have a fair usage policy with Vodefone for 500mb per month. I'm think I'll hit that pretty quick watching it live.

I'd be very surpsied if the connection would be quick enough to stream it live. iPLayer i think is about 600mb per hour of video.

I think the satelite dish is the best option...
    http://www.KOWONO.com - Design-Led home furniture and accessories.
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Freeview box and watch on ITV4 - that's what I'll be doing (hopefully) at the weekend.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Gazzaputt wrote:

I'd be very surpsied if the connection would be quick enough to stream it live. iPLayer i think is about 600mb per hour of video.

I think the satelite dish is the best option...

:shock:
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,111
    Do you have an internet connection at the caravan?