Is the TDF 09 going to be on British TV ?

tobh
tobh Posts: 103
edited July 2009 in Pro race
and if it is wherabouts ?

ITV4 or Eurosport ?

(many apologies if this has been asked a dozen times before, but I searched and could not find..)

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    tobh wrote:
    and if it is wherabouts ?

ITV4 or Eurosport ?

(many apologies if this has been asked a dozen times before, but I searched and could not find..)

Both.

Much longer/better coverage on Eurosport. ITV will have nightly recaps.
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    It'll be on both, Eurosport will have extensive live coverage and highlights and ITV4 will probably have a daily 1 hour highlights programme and live coverage at the weekends.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • ACMadone
    ACMadone Posts: 300
    ITV4 this year are apparently showing the full stages.
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    on the red button again ? hopefully its fullscreen this year!
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,646
    Yeah red button. Apparantly full screen, which is always a bonus!

Weekend stages live too.

Eurosport every day from about half one ish, if you're bothered about Duffers wittterings. Big mountain stages will be on all day e.g. Stage 17 almost definately.

Not sure what they will do about Ventoux, spose it depends on the GC fight at that point.
  • epr
    epr Posts: 26
    So can you get full stage coverage on ITV4 via freeview? That would be amazing.

Also, I was worrying that ITV4 seem to have changed the position of the logo in the corner of the screen from the top right to the top left. I imagine they must have noticed that this would be bang on top of the icon telling us how far there is to go/the advantage the leaders have etc. This is what happened in the Paris Nice coverage and if it happens for the three weeks of the TdF it'll get right on my nerves.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    And it's on the lovely Eurosport HD...
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • GroupOfOne MkII
    GroupOfOne MkII Posts: 1,289
    EPR wrote:

Last year it was just via Sky, in fact does the red button even work on ITV4 via freeview?

I know there was some mention from ITV earlier in the year that they planned to show every stage live on ITV4, but that seems to have gone very quiet, and it's certainly not in the schedules so I guess it is as last year and only via Sky.

Still showing the weekend stages live on ITV4 though, so maybe there's a chance they cherry pick the queen stages to show later in the race.
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    I prefer the ITV4 coverage when it's on. Rather have Liggett and Sherwin over "yes well shertainly"

Also the highlights package is a proper package not just the last hour of the race which is what eurosport have sone in the past.
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    EPR wrote:

Last year it was just via Sky, in fact does the red button even work on ITV4 via freeview?

was available on cable/sky via red button last year but was not available via freeview
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    iainf72 wrote:
    And it's on the lovely Eurosport HD...

the main reason I got it!!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Is there anyway to get Eurosport or ITV4 red button without cable or sky?

All I've got is freeview. ITV4 coverage was good last year, but the ad were on most of the time!
    exercise.png
  • LorneC
    LorneC Posts: 149
    You could always subscribe to the Eurosport Player (about £35 py) but then you would be stuck watching that through the computer
    Already signed up for the following 2010 rides:

Etape Caledonia (May 16th)
    AMR's Trossachs Ton (June 20th)
    AMR's Cross-Border Sportive (Sept 19th)

http://www.twitter.com/LorneCallaghan
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    For the Giro I signed up for the month of Eurosport player (only got freeview so had to try internet for proper coverage)... which ran fine and its £3.99 a month then you can just cancel no problem.

BUT.... it was as probably as much of an effort for me to listen to Sean Kelly's 'commentary' as it was for some of cyclists to actually race each day.... once you know the schedules though you can pick up other streams from http://www.steephill.tv/tour-de-france/ ... for the Giro they had an NBC stream with an English commentator (sorry don't know who) and it was much better, no adverts and no dull commentary. Not that I mind Sean Kelly, very knowledgable and great achievements but unfortunately very dull to listen to.
  • campagchris
    campagchris Posts: 773
    ITV4 have live stages from next year to 2013
    as far as it says their doing live coverage on a saturday and sunday.

They have a highlights programme at 7pm every night,as well as RAAM,and boardmans the final hour.