MBR freebie

benneally
benneally Posts: 973
edited June 2009 in MTB general
Has anyone got the latest mbr? Im trying to work out what the free gift actualy is...
All i can think of its a neck buff. In the summer? And its not very comfy material...??

Comments

• cgarossi
    cgarossi Posts: 729
    I'm thinking they are skimping on free gifts lately.

MBUK gave us schrader style covers for valves, which look cool but most people have presta valves :( Also a chainstay protector which probably amounts to 0.01p in value.

Oh and a remember a alun key set given away but it broke in 5 minutes. Not sure I would trust it to not burr the bolts on my bike.

Free is what its worth I guess. :D
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    The valve caps were the worst ever - jr took them to school and swapped them for a packet of crisps. But the reversible chainstay protector is doing sterling service on mrs.blitz's bike.
  • bramstoker
    bramstoker Posts: 250
    Went to fit the valve covers only to find one had no threads in, i suppose the hint is there "free" gift :)
    A feather is kinky, a whole chicken is just perverse.
  • cgarossi
    cgarossi Posts: 729
    Yeah the protector was ok. I put that on my Scott. Freebies should be something usefull, the tips DVD was cool and the maintenance booklet.

Some shiney quick release handles would be good, or some grips.
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    its a head/neck warmer, seems a bit crazy for summer to me :S still will be good when the winter comes :D
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Oh and a remember a alun key set given away but it broke in 5 minutes. Not sure I would trust it to not burr the bolts on my bike.

Yes. I remember that. I think mine lasted about 4 minutes.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    I put the chainstay protector on my commuter. On the first ride the stitching came undone and it ended up in my dérailleur. Luckily no damage was caused.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    benneally wrote:
    Has anyone got the latest mbr? Im trying to work out what the free gift actualy is...
    All i can think of its a neck buff. In the summer? And its not very comfy material...??

Aha - that was our guess!

I have to say it's pretty grim so I don't think i'll be wearing mine.... (although it looks like it might make a nice polishing rag for the car 8) )
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    my free chainstay protector works a treat as did the last one. my allen key things still work and the valve caps are well ..... useless but other wise great stuff. ill save the MBR buff for winter :D
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    .blitz wrote:
    reversible

Got it in one - Im not sporting any free advertisments! lol
    It's been a while...
  • tis a neck/head buff type thing, which int he summer will work to keep the sweat from streaming down over your face!

did notice last months came with a free lock if you bought it in a shop but if you subscribe you missed out!

does seem they are geting a bit like the lad car mags were, free this and free that to attract the people to buy it, and oen trying to better the other etc! that said, my many year old mbuk bullet valve caps are still goign strong and my even more years old mbr crud catcher is still on fine service!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    I missed a free lock? damn :( could have used it as an extra one at work..
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP