Bike Sizing

James23
James23 Posts: 113
edited June 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi there

I am looking for a new bike very likely the http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Focus_Black_Forest_2009/5360037562/

But i am wondering on the frame of the bike i am needing i am around 6ft would the

Frame Leg Height
L/52 32-34 5'10 6'1

be ok or would it have to be the

Frame Leg Height
XL/56 34-36 6'1 6'3

Cheers James

Comments

• Kafkaesque
    Kafkaesque Posts: 45
    Just sent back a medium frame because standover height was non-existant, and I'm 5'8" and 30" inside leg. So I would guess large would be the right size for you.

Good news is that Wiggle are very good for exchanges/swaps, and with the Focus bikes you can test them for 7 days then decide whether to keep, return or swap for no cost.

Also check out the black forest expert, upgraded spec and at the moment only £24 more. There are a couple of other threads about these bikes if you do a search.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Difficult to say. Top tube length is an important as frame size when it comes to choosing a bike I reckon. Any chance you can get to sit on one?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • James23
    James23 Posts: 113
    Unfortantly not wish i could so i could take it out for a spin first Kafkaesque right might as well get the pro one for a further £24 quid. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: