bike carrier for child's bike

kpm4igm
kpm4igm Posts: 3
I am just about to purchase a roof rack and am looking at purchasing cycle carriers for it.
At the moment I am siding with the Thule roof rack with Thule aerobars.

One of my requirements is for my child's bike an Apollo popstar (5-7 year old bike with 16" wheels) to fit on the roof rack as well as adult bikes.

I quite like the look of the Thule Pro-rider, but I do not think it will fit a child's bike this small.
I have also seen the Mont Blanc Eiger - but this wont fit on Aerobars - I might just have to purchase the standard bars for that to fit.

There is also the Mont Blanc Barracoda which I believe is T-Track compatible and so should fit on the aerobars, but will the child's bike fit on this?

Anyone who has previous experience of this and can lend me some advice would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 719
    Apollo is Halfords isn't it, why not try their carriers on the Thule rack? The Halfords carriers are much cheaper than Thule, and they'll probably be happy to tell you whether it fits or not, and you'll have some come back if it doesn't.
  • kpm4igm
    kpm4igm Posts: 3
    I went into Halfords as you suggested, and they had a Thule prorider on display. They were reluctant to take any of the other carriers out of their boxes, but they did allow me to try it on the Prorider, and they managed to fit it onto the bike. So it looks like I will stick with these, as I know they will definitely work.
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 719
    I was thinking about this el-cheapo effort tbh

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165515