WooooooooHoooooooo!!!!!!!!!

SpinningJenny
SpinningJenny Posts: 889
edited July 2009 in Women
Here I am, 60 miles - DONE!

Yesterday was VERY hot and humid - I left my home in the morning to tootle down to the seafront - it was bright sunshine. Got to seafront - thick fog! By the tme we set off, it had burned off and it was hot, hot, hot at 8am - oooh! As I said to my (more sensible, non-cycling better half) it was like cycling through soup!

Anyway, the countryside was beautiful, the refreshment stops were really well organised and stocked and everybody was in a great mood! I had puncture action, chain action - oh and horse action! I was giving a pair of horse-riders a wide berth overtaking, when the lead horse decided to do that skipping sideways thing - there was horse hair and SJ contact! Luckily, no harm or injury to anyone and we all apologised to each other!

Two best bits - I saw a kestrel hovering over a hedge, waiting to pounce - it was beautiful! And getting to the top of Devil's Dyke and seeing the view of Brighton and the sea and knowing it was all downhill from there! On the downside, i could have done with a few extra gears for some of the uphill! Still, my other trusty steed (Elsie) did me proud!

I don't feel too bad today - going for a sports massage later which I am so looking forward to!
Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08

Comments

• Dowse40
    Dowse40 Posts: 102
    Well done you. Sounds like you had a good day .
  • Well done SJ, glad to hear you're not too sore. By the way, what Sports Massage therapist are you using? I need someone to sort out my dodgy knee.
    Start Weight: 128 kilos (20.2 st) (April 17th 2009)
    Current Weight:119 kilos (18.7 st) (June 18th 2009)
    Target Weight: 92 kilos (14.5 st) (sometime mid-2010, hopefully sooner)
  • SleepyLea
    SleepyLea Posts: 127
    :D Oooh lady!!!! Well done!!! Sounds like it was hard hard work what with the weather... Well done for sticking it out and getting to the finish, and getting past the horse shaped obsticals!!! p.s. sorry if spelling off... on the wine... hick!

Well done you!!!!! If I had skills I would make you a badge.
  • Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    Kudos to you SJ!

Sounds like you enjoyed it, even tho it must have been hard, with the heat, and horses attacking you etc.

Why do horses get spooked so easily? Big dopey things they are lol.

I once had a terrible experience with a horse, so I stay well clear of them. :shock: :D
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    Nice work, hon!!
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04
  • Thank you....! Feel very pleased with myself - is that bad?! :shock: :D

• Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    No :lol: Why should it be? I'd be leaping around the place!
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04
  • No :lol: Why should it be? I'd be leaping around the place!

And who says I'm not..... :wink: