Royles in Wilmslow

tmg
tmg Posts: 651
edited June 2009 in Road beginners
Need a couple of bits doing to the bike after yesterday's ride, changing up to big ring on the front and all hell broke loose at the rear, resulting in my mech folding up on itself with the chain. Result, few broken and bent spokes on the rear wheel, bent hanger and meshed mech.

So I want them to fix (ordered parts via Merlin) but just wanted to see if anyone else has used them for servicing or if their is anyone else in the area who might be a better option.

Thanks

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i use them for all my cycling needs including service. it does get busy in there for a reason! rick green in handforth are good too.
  • tmg
    will give em a whirl then when I get the stuff delivered

Thanks
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Royles have a lot of stuff - but I've found that there staff is unfriendly, unhelpful and everything in there is overpriced.

But if you don't mind waiting and paying a premium for that priviledge - then they're great!
  • tmg
    Took my wheel in, they took one look at it and said take it to a spesh dealer we won't touch it as it has 'special' spokes

First guy I dealt with was helpful enough, then he scrambled around to find someone who knew about road bikes as he was more MTB, older guy gave me the above!

Rick Green here I come.........