suspension seat post failing ?

cyberknight
cyberknight Posts: 1,238
edited July 2009 in The workshop
In the last few monthts i must have put the seat up a good half an inch , i maked the post to start with because i thought the seat was dropping but no its definetly higher than before to give the right length for the leg.

I start noticing my kness ache, check the adjustment and think mm could do with a bit and then its fine again .............
FCN 3/5/9

Comments

• tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    What sort of seatpost is it?

I'm pretty sure you can get replacement springs/bumpers for a fiver or so.

Unless you are well fat? :wink:
  • cyberknight
    Its a carrera subway just over a year old

and i am 11 stone so yes fat :shock:
    FCN 3/5/9
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    I'm nearly twelve and not fat! So you'll be fine.

Can't find detailed specs for your bike - what does the seatpost say on it? If it's got a brand name ie Post Moderne or kalloy you should be able to get new spring.

New suspension seatposts start from 20 quid or so, though!
  • cyberknight
    Cant see any branding on it i suspect they use there own when it gets assembled

And its a standing joke in our house , its how i annoy the wife by saying i am fat as after the birth of our kid she has retained her "curves " of course i love her still there`s more to love than the shape of the exterior .
    FCN 3/5/9
  • Sailorchick
    Sailorchick Posts: 202
    The seatpost on my subway went very quickly - I'd had the bike 3 months. It developed a lot of movement in the post. Took it back to Halfords and they gave me a new saddle and seat post straight away.