Got my bike today :D

2»

Comments

• Ahh fair enough mate :)

Went out again today and did 17.7 miles, averaged 15.3mph which I was damn pleased about :D

Just joined the 300 miles in 30 days challenge on mapmyride, should give me incentive :D
  • bianchi777
    bianchi777 Posts: 101
    Whereabouts did you get to? I've been working on increasing my average speed...I'm at around 17mph over 15 miles. I can do that in around 50 minutes. I want to try and get it a little higher but so long as I'm averaging around 17/18 I'm happy....there's a great bit around Ballam where I've been hitting 30. :D

What time are you usually going out at? I may come out for a quick sprint after work tomorrow maybe around 8pm.
  • I went upto wrea green via ballam, then back the other way via saltcoats (hit 27mph down there :D). Then onto the front of lytham, all the way past st.annes until the end of the road (theres a sharp right and it goes to a T junction to join the red pebble road - that the one with QMS on it) then ride back down there to ansdell bridge and i'm practically home :)

this is the route...
    http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... 5169140680

Going out around 7:30/8:30. just depends what i'm doing/what time I eat/how knackered I am from work :lol:
  • bianchi777
    If you send me a PM before you go- if you're up for it that is, I'll probably come out tomorrow.

That is a good route there. I do this one...little shorter but along a similar vein.

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Wrea-Green-Classic

I love giving my routes cheesy names. "Wrea Green Classic" hahahaha.
  • sound like fun :)

Just as long as you remember i'm a slow, aching (from todays ride), unfit nood with a heavily bruised hand :wink:

hahahaha!

Would be good for a more experienced roadie to look at my riding position too + for me to see someone elses! :D
  • bianchi777
    It'll be fun. Don't worry, I'll go easy on ya ;)
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Nice looking bike bud, had a couple of Giants over the years good reliable bikes, get out there and give it some stick :D
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    bianchi777 wrote:
    bigbenj_08 wrote:

BTW, Bianchii, didn't pass you on Ballam road did I?

You wouldn't have done, I was at work most of Tuesday, although if you saw me on Monday I would have been pushing my bike down there as I got a puncture just outside Lytham Hall. 30 minute walk home! I am next in the saddle on Friday!

I take it you dont you carry a spare tube or repair kit when you are out ?
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • bianchi777
    I have one yes but I did have a few technical problems with the pump I have.