Tracking progress real time on Marmotte

topcattim
topcattim Posts: 766
Scouting around on the Sportcommunication website I found a link to what appears to be a site that can track riders' progress real time around the route.

I can't see any particular instructions on how this works, but I figure you (or more accurately, your family back at home) just put in your bib number and somehow the little orange markers change colour to indicate that you have progressed past each one (you hope!). I figure there must be mats at certain points that will record our progress.

Looks like a bit of fun - although I'll have to educate the family to tell them that there will be a significant pause between passing the penultimate point and reaching the summit of the Alpe!

Comments

• richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    It has not been reset yet. Still loaded with last years data. Not sure if it works durring the event, or just as a record of splits afterwards?
    Rich
  • topcattim
    topcattim Posts: 766
    RichA wrote:
    It has not been reset yet. Still loaded with last years data. Not sure if it works durring the event, or just as a record of splits afterwards?
    Ah yes, that would probably make more sense, if it was a retrospective analysis rather than a live tracker.
  • My understanding was that it was supposed to be a live tracker that people could check during the day. I think that something like this is in place for big Ironman triathlon events. However, my wife was checking last year and there were no updates during the day.

If I put my number from last year, 6023, I can see that on the climb of Alpe d'Huez, I climbed in 01:13:39, which was 890th place on the day and 361st in my category. The other timing along the route doesn't seem to be there.

However, if I add number 2, you can see how it's supposed to work. This is the result for HIDDEMA OEGE, one of the Marmotte's strong riders.

Let's hope they get it working this year.

Russell
    www.grenoblecycling.com
  • Porkyboy
    Porkyboy Posts: 433
    Hi

I'll be beaming my position every 2 minutes up to the Internet from La Marmotte. This would at least give folk an idea where the main body of riders is *likely* to be and will tell anyone who is interested exactly where I'll be.

This is the link: http://tinyurl.com/74hwf5

Cheers,

Q