Kouta Test Ride in West Midlands

kingrollo
kingrollo Posts: 3,198
edited June 2009 in Road buying advice
Hello,

Does anyone know of a shop in the midlands where I can test ride a kuota Kharma and or Kebel ?

Comments

• Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    give dhw agencies a ring or e-mail - they will be able to tell you.

Got mine from Fred Williams in Wolverhampton.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • kingrollo

I know who stock \sells them - but did fred williams let you have a test ride ?
  • Slow Downcp
    kingrollo wrote:

I know who stock \sells them - but did fred williams let you have a test ride ?

No, as he didn't keep stock of built bikes - I bought the frame and custom specced the parts. This is why I suggested ringing DHW - they may know who has demo bikes.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • kingrollo
    Ah well ....the orders in .......offered ultegra sl for extra £100 - which I took !
  • Slow Downcp
    kingrollo wrote:
    Ah well ....the orders in .......offered ultegra sl for extra £100 - which I took !

Did you go for the Kharma or Kebel?
  • kingrollo
    I went for the Kharma - bit cheaper - and prettier (IMO) - Doubt if I would notice the difference with my type of riding - and per the frame specs only marginal differences - its gonna be a few weeks because its through cycle scheme and they need a quote -etc
  • Slow Downcp
    I'm sure you'll be happy with it - I am with mine. Where did you buy from out of interest?
  • kingrollo
    Henry Burton in stafford. Seems ok - flexible enough to let me source my own wheels. He half builds the bike then sits you on a turbo - to set you up with stem length,position of brakes, cuts the steerer - etc. Not the cheapest - but I reckon the fitting service will pay off over the years I keep the bike.
    Will let you know how I get on