building child seats for pashley trike

BigSpecs
BigSpecs Posts: 309
edited June 2009 in Workshop
Hi All,
I want a trike to carry two kids. I have seen several Pashleys on ebay. Some have child seats fitted. I have contacted Pashley and they no longer make the child seats.
My question is...if I bought a Pashley trike, how would I go about building child seats (2) to fit? Can you use the original platform (where the basket normally sits) or is there a manufacturer that makes suitable seats...?
Cheers,
Col.

Comments

• Do you want a trailer trike?

If so, you want something called a U plus 2 - they were originally made by Cresswell and then by Pashley.

They are, in effect, tandem trikes - they take two kids, probably up to about 8 years old.

Problem is they are not made anymore and are hard to find. I bought one earlier this year, via the CTC classifieds section - it's absolutley ace. You just have to be patient and search ebay and all the cycling classifieds you can think of.
  • BigSpecs
    BigSpecs Posts: 309
    Hi. I have seen these and considered them. However, what I want at the moment is a trike that carries two. Something along the lines of the Trikidoo but they don't deliver to Scotland. They are also expensive for a bike I am going to use for 2-3 years. I can buy a lot of second hand trike for that money. I just need to figure out a way to attach seats...