Etape Caledonia (May 16th)
AMR's Trossachs Ton (June 20th)
AMR's Cross-Border Sportive (Sept 19th)

http://www.twitter.com/LorneCallaghan

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,485
    Is that confirmed?

Interesting to see no Horner or Brajkovic.

Wasn't Murayev suspended by the team too? Looks like the purse holders have attached strings to the recent money.
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    So Paulino made it and Noval didn't, I guess the battle lines are set for half supporting Berti and half supporting Lance

Bets now on for which stage they attack each other
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Source?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It's on several sites now gazzaput.

Only one of Contador's guys. Still, we'll see what happens, the opening TT will be crucial for Contador to lay down a marker and I suspect he'll romp to the lead on the road to Arcalis. So as much as there is talk of division within the team, surely the logical choice is to back him.
  • lucybears
    lucybears Posts: 366
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • zippypablo
    zippypablo Posts: 398
    I thought ASO said that Kloden wasn't welcome? due to being linked to some Austrian clinic
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    zippypablo wrote:
    I thought ASO said that Kloden wasn't welcome? due to being linked to some Austrian clinic

well, there's not actually any material evidence kloeden did what is claimed...so can't see why ASO could possibly stop him riding the event
  • dave_1
    I see Armstrong posted something antagonistic to the Kazak government on his twitter feed...pulling them up on human rights...hmmm, I guess Chris Horner lost his place to Murayev... am surprised. Zubeldia and kloeden will work for whomever, as I guess Will Leiphemer..
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    How expedient of Mr Armstrong - if he felt that strongly then why did he join the team in the first place? Because he thought it was an easy way to poach a PT license, is why, with the collusion of his buddy Bruyneel and the riddle of the missing wages.

That team is nearly all for Armstrong and Contador is being cast in the Heras role - he's now the 'best climber' no longer the 'best GT rider'.
  • Kléber
    We'll see in the opening TT but I think Contador will beat Armstrong. Perhaps not by much. But then first summit finish should settle things.

Of course it's possible that Armstrong is the stronger rider and therefore the team should help him.

What will be interesting to see is if the team were to continue to protect Armstrong, even if Contador is in the stronger position, or even in yellow. Contador's clearly keen to leave the team and can't count on much support but even Bruyneel won't want to throw away a Tour win just to support Armstrong.
  • dave_1
    Kléber wrote:
    We'll see in the opening TT but I think Contador will beat Armstrong. Perhaps not by much. But then first summit finish should settle things.

Of course it's possible that Armstrong is the stronger rider and therefore the team should help him.

What will be interesting to see is if the team were to continue to protect Armstrong, even if Contador is in the stronger position, or even in yellow. Contador's clearly keen to leave the team and can't count on much support but even Bruyneel won't want to throw away a Tour win just to support Armstrong.

Bruyneel says quite clearly on the astant website that Contador is the leader and I see LA in his twitter comment saying it isn't 2004, 2005 so he can't have the influence needed to get horner onto the team. Maybe Contador laid down conditions...a clique of three Americans too much for AC? Maybe? Also kazhaks demanded 1 of theirs...so Horner out?
  • Kléber
    From memory (I could be wrong) Leipheimer was the nominated rider in the Giro. When Armstrong was in difficulty he had two riders to pace him, Leipheimer was left alone up front. On another day when Leipheimer was grovelling up a climb Armstrong tried a dig to get to the leaders.

...so I'm taking Bruyneel's talk of who is the leader with a pinch of salt :wink:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Dave_1 wrote:
    I see Armstrong posted something antagonistic to the Kazak government on his twitter feed...pulling them up on human rights...hmmm, I guess Chris Horner lost his place to Murayev... am surprised. Zubeldia and kloeden will work for whomever, as I guess Will Leiphemer..

I'm sitting here about to @lancearmstrong him something along the lines of "Did you do any research into what you were signing up for"

The Kazak human right record is hardly a new thing.

He'll just block me. Especially if i put "how is Don Catlin anyway" :wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dave_1
    iainf72 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

I'm sitting here about to @lancearmstrong him something along the lines of "Did you do any research into what you were signing up for"

lol...got for it. You been blocked? he must have others manage his account, he has a million followers... :shock: :shock:
  • iainf72
    Dave_1 wrote:

lol...got for it. You been blocked? he must have others manage his account, he has a million followers... :shock: :shock:

Let's see

:wink:
  • dave_1
    I am pissed off Horner is not at TDF...I wanted to see a 37 year old guy rip the legs off everyone...paulhino, popo, the kazhak...no way are they in Horner's league based on this season...Horner at the Giro would have placed higher than LLL had he ridden for himself perhaps
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,043
    Perhaps Horner is paying the price of letting on that he was getting his salary and was
    happy? :wink:

BTW I am rather surprised Horner and Brajkovic missed the cut. But on balance it seems a good selection for Contador.
  • secretsqirrel
    iainf72 wrote:

He did he watched Borat 8)
  • dave_1
    iainf72 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

Let's see

:wink:

I see lance is expressing his best wishes to jacko's fans...yet another attempt by LA to reach to the widest possible audience...the guy is definitely sick IMO...the question is whether his meglomaniac ambitions will lead him to break the rules again...I hope not but would he risk a hundred jobs to try to win the TDF again??? we you see some of his shiite in twitter, you gotta wonder
  • victorponf
    victorponf Posts: 1,187
    the kazhak instead Noval? This stinks...Hope Contador put things in order soon...or we are going to see the most exciting tour since Greg-Bernard :lol:
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • iainf72
  • I cant believe Chris Horner asked to leave Astana just because he didnt get a place on the Tour team.Fair enough hes pissed but what about all the other riders on teams that dont make it.
    Face it like a man and show the team in your next race what they are missing.
  • iainf72
    What's even more amusing is Lance and Levi are broadly supportive of his stance.

"Hi Johan, the guy who came 1'st in his last Tour wants x,y and z on the squad, but the guy who came 3'rd wants a,b and c" - There's a tough choice, eh?
  • secretsqirrel
    Bertie has friends in high (Kazakh) places

He has managed to over-rule JB, LA & LL. :lol:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:

13 comments in before anyone says anything sensible (pooregon). I love the way they make Paulinho sound like a rent-boy!
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    afx237vi wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

13 comments in before anyone says anything sensible (pooregon). I love the way they make Paulinho sound like a rent-boy!

Of the previous 12, I particularly liked this:
    Chris certainly is a class act. It was big of him to defend his manager and give thanks to Lance and Levi for their efforts. I was really looking forward to seeing Chris in the tour-especially after showing so much strength in the Giro. There are definitely more great things ahead for Chris!
    (my bold)

I'm guessing that the poster is a fan rather than an exercise physiologist....
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Kléber wrote:
    Only one of Contador's guys
    Sorry to be so ignorant but who do you mean?
    I'd say Klöden is more likely to help Contador - he did in the 08 Giro, personalitywise they probably get on better than Klöden and LA, and, most of all, Klöden tends to go the way the wind blows, which on paper just now is the Contador way. He probably daydreams of Aimar's feat.
  • fyak1
    fyak1 Posts: 32
    LL's comment on Twitter (with link to Horner's blog) clearly sides against Alberto: 'he (Horner) shows real class'.
    Fk off!
    LA posts the same link, but doesn't have to comment because his bitches are doing it for him.
    Johan is (sort of) caught inbetween, but surely has the bunce to calm the kittens. If he was neutral. But will he? Hmmm.
    Albo needs to go it alone in the TDF and stick it up them .
    -Orbea Orca
    -Orbea Zeus carbon cranks/seatpost/stem & bars
    -Dura-Ace
    -Ksyrium SSC SL\'s
    -Aliante carbon saddle
  • secretsqirrel
    knedlicky wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    Only one of Contador's guys
    Sorry to be so ignorant but who do you mean?
    I'd say Klöden is more likely to help Contador - he did in the 08 Giro, personalitywise they probably get on better than Klöden and LA, and, most of all, Klöden tends to go the way the wind blows, which on paper just now is the Contador way. He probably daydreams of Aimar's feat.

Agree about Klodi, he and Alberto certainly seemed to hit it off big time last year. Gushing tributes from each!

However, the danger with Kloden, is that he does as he is told, even when it defies logic. As we have seen with his support riding for Vino and Ullrich, when he has been in better shape than either. The 2 radio free days can work to Contador's advantaga as far as support goes. If he has Kloden on side he will also have Rast, and the others should fall in.

This is why I think team selection might by good for Berto.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Here's something to start the fanboy hysterical juices flowing:-

http://www.astana-cyclingteam.com/
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.