Deal Hunting for the Lady

kronik
kronik Posts: 2
edited June 2009 in Road buying advice
So, my fiancee needs some new shorts. I had all but settled on Giordana FormaRed Carbon for both of us but I can't seem to find an online dealer in the UK that sells the women's. Next after these are the Assos bibs but I wanted to try these first. Any of you have (or are) women riders who like nice gear? Any idea to where I could find the Giordanas?

Thanks

Comments

• mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Don't know about the Giordana but their w/site might highlight dealers. Does she want bibs or waist shorts. Assos do both (at a price) but they are v.good. I can ask someone I know about them if you wish.
    M.Rushton
  • ermintrude
    ermintrude Posts: 514
    Assos shorts are brilliant, I've tried lots of different women's shorts, nike,pearl azumi,de marchi,santini and the Assos are way better than all of them, they wash really well, the lycra is very hard wearing. Very comfy round the waist as the front isn't elasticated (if you don't want bibs). I've got mine from Ribble who normally have some good deals on Assos stuff. Watch the sizing as they come up quite small, I normally need small in other brands but buy medium assos. Can't speak for the Giordana as I haven't tried them (or seen them for that matter)
  • Blonde
    Blonde Posts: 3,188
    I too can recommend the assos lady shorts. The only shorts I wear these days. I have 5 pairs now, as I commute in them most days. Also used for track sessions and weekend road rides. The longest ride wearing the assos lady waist shorts was a 600km audax and I had no chafing at all with them, unlike with other shorts I've tried. Can't agree with the previous comment regarding the sizing though. Sizing always seems to be spot on to me. I find it essential that shorts are a snug fit, to prevent excessive movement and/or chafing so check the assos size charts if you're unsure which size to get:
    http://www.assos.com/en/39/sizing_chart.aspx